New rabbit peeing on bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LlamaJenn

Reaction score
Hello,

We are on week 2 of having a new rabbit (never had one in our home before). My daughter got him from a friend who kept him outside. He was well cared for and handled from when they bought him very young. He is now 6 months and we are making the transition to him being an inside pet. He has a very large cage and is let out frequently. We started litter training, and he does pretty well aside from one major issue. He likes to jump on my daughter's bed and pee! He leaves a couple little turds there also but that is not as concerning as the pee. He doesn't pee anywhere else in the house. Originally she had let him on the bed but when he started peeing there, we've tried to prevent him from going up. (He is very smart and stubborn though and jumps over barriers.) Any suggestion? We are thinking about having him neutered, but I'm not sure if that will help since it doesn't *seem* to be spraying. I could be wrong though.
Thanks!

Don’t even get me started on the bed peeing 😂. I have 2 spayed females who left a HUGE mess for me on my bed at 3am on Tuesday. Whilst I was in said bed, sound asleep. Where’s the respect? Haha.

We moved house a couple of weeks ago and it’s all connected to that and hoping it’s a one-off. From some other territorial behaviour I have seen from them this week, I believe it’s one (or both) of them trying to send me a message that she owns my bed, and me. I have read that peeing on the bed is almost always a dominance issue.

I totally removed their access to my bedroom for 2 days until today, to try to reclaim the area. I had to keep the door shut, they just pulled the x-pen barrier over. No idea whether it will make a difference or not, I’ll have to wait and see. If not, I’ll have to think of something else, or just extend the the time they are barred. Not sure if that is an option for you though?

I have read that neutering is the most effective way to stop it though, if he’s not fixed already. The vid that @Lucas the Bun 💕🐇 has posted is super helpful.

Our bun buns used to pee on our beds and couch, often enough. We blocked her to the kitchen and sometimes living room. We got her fixed, from day one no more peeing. She now has free run of the house again!

Latest posts

Back