New Rabbit Not Urinating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merisa L

Reaction score
Hello! I’m very new to this forum so please forgive me if I make some mistakes.

Yesterday morning, I rescued an abandoned lions’ head rabbit, which people in the area figure has been out there since the early summer this year. Since yesterday, I’ve been pushing fluids as well as plenty of hay and pellets, and I’ve given him a small amount of dark greens (mostly kale) soaked in water to give him more fluids.
He’s been pooping (though not as much as I’d like) and I’ve observed him on multiple occasions eating his cecotrophes, however I’ve yet to witness or find any signs of urination. I believe he did pee a little while he was being transported home in his carrier, but he has not gone yet anywhere in his enclosure or litter box as far as I can tell. I’m not seeing him exhibit any signs of pain, so my best guess right now would be that he thinks he’s supposed to be urinating outdoors, or he could be dehydrated.

I’m really that someone might have some answers regarding this situation! He already passed his vet check with flying colours, so at this point I’m thinking it’s not serious, but it still does concern me a little. Thanks for reading!

Latest posts

Back