new puppy- bunnies adore him!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUSTBUNNY-CLYDE

Reaction score
sorry I haven't been on in a while! just got a new rough collie puppy named Sheldon!! I wasn't expecting a new puppy but my neighbor who is a breeder had this little guy and he was failure to thrive. never nursed well, didnt play, bite, run, or anything. We got him 3 weeks ago and he had severe digestive issues and was 10lbs underweight!! I took him to the vet for a check up and he reacted horribly to the wormer. So we went backwards for 2 weeks and thought we were going to lose him!! We tried over 10 brands of food and chicken and rice , but we couldnt get him to eat anything!! He had severe vomiting and diarrhea. He was also severely lethargic since birth. Finally we ordered a pre and pro biotic and enzyme supplement, vitamins, energy gel and now this is day 3 with him eating, playing a little, normal bowel movements. I hope we have turned the corner with this little baby!! The bunnies absolutely adore him and he is so gentle and sweet with them. Clydey is now starting to play and chase him and binky around him. I think this little dog is a good match for:inlove: our family. Hopefully he will be my next agility dog!! pics to come soon!!!

Congratulations to you & Sheldon! Hope he has turned the corner with his health issues & is now on his way to a healthy, happy life with you & his bunny family!

How old is he? I found that when my dog reached his teething stage, I had to separate him from the bunnies. Those sharp-as-pins teeth could do damage. And the puppy would see the rabbits like littermates and play (nip) with them just the same as he would with siblings.

Here he is before that teething kicked in...

100_2987.jpg

100_2985.jpg

he's 13 weeks, but developmentally delayed! he doesnt nip or bite yet!! we're just happy he's trotting around a little!!!

I'm glad your bunnies like your new puppy. Sorry about his health problems. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

He's a cute pup! Would love to see pics of him and your buns together :)

He's so adorable! :D So glad you've managed to get him eating and starting to play, best wishes with his continued health :)

inlove.gif
Awwwwww, Sheldon is a complete cutie pie! :D I'm so happy to hear he's improving! Hopefully he'll continue to do well. I wish you and Sheldon the best of luck! :) I love his adorable little pumpkin bib! It suits him so well!

Latest posts

Back