New pee habits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
My rab started peeing on towels! It's so frustrating the amount of laundry I am doing and she used to not do this before.
I noticed she would pee when she is happily digging at her towels, I feel bad having to take this activity away from her as she loves it but then she will be rolling in her own urine and she already has enough difficulty cleaning herself already, now she will pee on all the towels I leave in her hidey houses for warmth (it's Winter) so I have to leave them bare.

She is neutered, 3 years old - I've only had her since March. I do spray area with vinegar/water and do laundry with vinegar. Any suggestions?

She might still be marking her territory, but that doesn't seem right. How often do you clean the towels? Do any other animals get on the towels?

There are no other animals, the towels only got 1 use of digging before I have to rewash them, they are clean.

I had a pair of dwarf brothers that did that. Because bunnies are so easily litter trained, your bun may have associated blankie or towel with tinkle. Bunny may think they are doing a super good job by not peeing on floor.

I would remove the towels for a short amount of time and then slowly put them back.

Latest posts

Back