New Oxbow Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
NS-Rabbit-Large300x300.png

Has anyone tried these new pellets? They look good (well for bunnies hee hee). I've got to see if my Pet store can get them for me.

Thanks

Susan:)

This is the write up about them.

Natural Science™ Adult Food Oxbow

This product is not intended for growing, active, pregnant or nursing rabbits. We encourage pet owners to feed Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Food during these stages of life.

A new specially formulated pellet from Oxbow! As we bunny lovers know, bunnies come with distintive likes and dislikes. One bunny may love Timothy, while another bunny prefers Orchard, and another likes a variety. So it makes perfect sense that Oxbow would create a healthy way to offer variety within a pellet. A variety of hays like Timothy, Orchard and Oat, along with aromatic tasty ingredients like Rosemary and Thyme, make for a highly palpable and healthy pellet.

Specially formulated with high quality ingredients selected to promote the overall wellness of an adult rabbit. Ingredient support Immune, Digestive, Internal Functions, along with skin & coat When fed as a maintenance food along with unlimited grass hay and water, Natural Science™ Adult Rabbit Food provides all of the necessary nutrients to help a rabbit thrive. As part of the Natural Science™ Individualized Nutrition Program, this food provides the backbone of nutritive care.

IS THIS A NEW PELLET FOR YOUR BUNNY? Always change your rabbit's food gradually (by mixing and then weaning off old pellet) to allow the digestive system time to adapt. You'll need to keep some of the old pellet to do this. Some rabbits are resistant to change, so time and patience are needed when switching feeds. Transitions instructions available on packaging.

[align=left]Weight:
5 lbs

Ingredients:

Timothy Grass, Orchard Grass, Oat Grass, Oat Hulls, Canola Meal, Whole Yellow Pea, Whole Barley, Tomato Pomace (dehydrated), Cane Molasses, Flax Seed, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Sodium Bentonite, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Rosemary, Dried Thyme, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Inulin, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate

[/align]

This seems like a good thing to try if your rabbit isn't eating her timothy pellets. Compared to Oxbow Essentials, it has twice the fat [3.0% cf 1.5], which, to my mind, means its shelf-life is less, but necessary to get the vitamin E & omega 3 & 6.

hhmmm.... looks interesting. I feed a veriety of hay and herbs so I could see my kids really liking this. They gobble down their pellets as it is though so I will have to see what the price is like. :)

I called my Pet store to see if they can get them. Maybe I will drop by on the way home.

I hope they can, but we up here in the Great White North aka Canada:biggrin2:don't get things as quickly as my wonderful Southern Neighbours in The United States of America. :biggrin:

Susan:tonguewiggle <-----------I love this one. Hee Hee

Wondering if anyone has tried these? I saw them the other day. I normally give Spike the Martin Timothy Adult Rabbit Food (formerly Less Active) and he loves those (not that he gets much). But I wondered if these are possibly better for him overall? They seem to contain more hay and I like that they have Omega 3.

These are the ingredients in the Martin:

INGREDIENTS

Timothy Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybeans, Barley, Soya Oil (preserved with Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Wheat Germ, Brewers Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lignin Sulfonate , Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Rice Hulls, DL-Methionine, Mannan OligoSaccharide, Ascorbic Acid (a source of Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Iron Sulphate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin E, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Mineral Oil, Copper Sulphate, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A, Biotin, Selenium, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Sulphate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back