New neighbors moved in, and they sell meat rabbits. Yay!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
That was sarcasm, of course.

We got these new people that moved in down the street from us. His backyard is now covered in these small, wire boxes hanging from poles abovethe ground. In the boxes are 3 bunnies (NZW's andFloridaWhites) per square box. And the box areMAYBE 16x16x18 and are pure wire with no shelter at all.

Unfortunately, out here there are no rules and regulations to keepinganimals, so many do it. But I feel so sorry for them. They are in thesun, wind, rain (it's been storming here). They have no rest for theirpoor feet, and they can't even move (to help fatten them up).

Just thought I'd rant. Me and a friend are going to 'rescue' a few andput them up for adoption on Petfinder. What the heck, why not.

Those poor babies:cry4:.

I am not picturing their cages, I am trying but I can't imagine what it looks like:dunno.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

PS: I don't want to turn this thread into arant, but I'd notify as many Humane Society and Animal Welfare/Rightsgroups as you can, they may be able to influence better conditions forthese bunnies.

sas

That is terrible. That happened to my friendbefore and at night we went over and took em. (They were in hutches,with no roofs) and we took them, called the shelter and they wereadoted in about 3 weeks. The neighbors, i guess never noticed. Good foryou!!!! GO AND SAVE THE BUNNIES

I agree, Angel. There are plenty of people who shouldn't have had kids nor have pets.

Hopefully something can be done about these poor buns.

Some people are close to theirpetchickens and duckies, one very sweet person out my way rescues abusedand abandoned pigs. As much as I love my bunnies, I have toconsider all of them equal, which in my case means I don't consume anyanimal products at all. I need to constantly remindmyself that cuteness isn't a solidcriteria fordetermininglife or death. :(

s

That is horrible! Those cages? What the heck? Who thought of that?

:cry3

how can i put this without offending anyone withmy language that just makes me want to cry its disgusting i can't evenput it into words you totally have to free them. You would get screwedover here for treating an animal like that. I amshocked justsitting shaking my head can't beleive people would not be stopped fromtreating an animal like that

They are most likely violating state animalwelfare regulations by not providing adequate shelter for therabbits. You might want to check into that.

Pam

MyBoyHarper wrote:
That was sarcasm, of course.

We got these new people that moved in down the street from us. His backyard is now covered in these small, wire boxes hanging from poles abovethe ground. In the boxes are 3 bunnies (NZW's andFloridaWhites) per square box. And the box areMAYBE 16x16x18 and are pure wire with no shelter at all.

Unfortunately, out here there are no rules and regulations to keepinganimals, so many do it. But I feel so sorry for them. They are in thesun, wind, rain (it's been storming here). They have no rest for theirpoor feet, and they can't even move (to help fatten them up).

Just thought I'd rant. Me and a friend are going to 'rescue' a few andput them up for adoption on Petfinder. What the heck, why not.

It is NOT a smart idea to go "rescue" these rabbits.You dont seem likeyour the "jail type.The point is stealing is stealing.If you havechildren you are teaching them that its o.k to steal.Besides did you doa gun count?You have to just take the chain.Call the local spca oranimail controll.If you want freaks on your street tell peta.Let thepeta freaks go to jail for stealing or setting the people's house onfire.(Sorryto the peta ppl on here).There are people who makeshure animals breed for meat are taken care of.What about the peoplewho inspect meat?Do they sell the meat or is it for personal use?I knowmost of the people on here dont like rabbits being used as food.Youdont have to like it.But,it happends.You just have to find a place inyour head that says "pet rabbits" are diffrent from food.

Dont be mad at me.I'm just telling you.

miahsgirl wrote:
Dont be mad at me.I'm just telling you.

miahsgirl, your point from the post above is noted, however,if you have to end all your posts with an apology to all the people youoffended, you can likely rephrase what you said in a way that is lessoffensive.

Please keep that in mind when you write your comments.

Thanks!
:bunnydance:Nadia

Edited (my own post) for poor spelling... hah.

Latest posts

Back