Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anime2lover

Reaction score
Hi, I am anime. I have owned rabbits for several years now. I currently have four. Two newzealands and two of unknown breeds that I got yesterday. I recently lost a giant chinchilla named snowflake that waS my friendliest baby for unknown reasons. And I will soon be getting a baby Holland lop. Will add them to registry when I get pics tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum! Are your rabbits indoor pets? Are the 2 NZ bonded? Are the new ones young or are they an already fixed/bonded pair?
Nz bonded??? Not sure what you mean by that.

Ours are outdoor. The two oldest ones are a
Welcome! I can’t wait to see pictures!

breeding pair of newzealands (none pedigree though), the two younger are siblings, about eight months old, no not yet know genders since we wanted to give them time to settle in. Their original owners had them as pets and didn't know Gender. The smallest one almost looks like an angora mix, while the bigger sibling does not. They are about eight moons old, not sure if their fixed yet. We were not told

Our two newzealand breeders. Tan is the female, named honey, white is the male named marshmellow.20230121_104519.jpg20230121_104554.jpg

These are the two new babies, no names yet.20230121_104633.jpg20230121_104729.jpg

I was asking if the New Zealands were a bonded pair, but you clarified you are breeding them. Bonded would mean they live together in the same enclosure, get along, and share everything. Are you breeding for meat?

I'm guessing your 8 month olds aren't likely to be fixed if the original owners didn't know their genders. They would've had to know that if they paid for neuter surgery. I wonder then if they are both the same sex since they (presumably) haven't had babies.

Other members who house outdoors have posted photos of their setups here in case you're interested. :)

I was asking if the New Zealands were a bonded pair, but you clarified you are breeding them. Bonded would mean they live together in the same enclosure, get along, and share everything. Are you breeding for meat?

I'm guessing your 8 month olds aren't likely to be fixed if the original owners didn't know their genders. They would've had to know that if they paid for neuter surgery. I wonder then if they are both the same sex since they (presumably) haven't had babies.

Other members who house outdoors have posted photos of their setups here in case you're interested. :)
They never had babies accordingly. And no my newzealands are allowed together only when we want babies, as we font want to be overloaded with rabbits XD. Yes, we breed the Zealand for meat. The two Littles likely will be just family pets. The black and white one received a name today. Name is marble.

They never had babies accordingly. And no my newzealands are allowed together only when we want babies, as we font want to be overloaded with rabbits XD. Yes, we breed the Zealand for meat. The two Littles likely will be just family pets. The black and white one received a name today. Name is marble.
Aah. Gotcha. Love the name for the little guy (or gal)!

Cute bunny family! Welcome 🐰

It may just be the photo and/or you may know this already, but the inside of Honey's ear looks scabby and inflamed- she may have ear mites.
Maybe. She did get an ear infection in that ear a while back. It went away after treatment. So if that is there again, may be time to look into ear mite stuff.

Latest posts

Back