New Kits, Mom Hurt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlocbfkgj

Reaction score
Hello all, today we went to check our rabbit cages & our newest mom Bella was missing. We searched high and low then came back to the front of the cages and she was sitting there. Well she had escaped into the horse field and ended up getting stepped on, breaking her back. Well she has four day old kits at the moment and while we have had rabbits we haven’t had this happen to any moms. Any advice/tips on how to care for them or what the best way to deal with this is?

if you have any other moms that nurse at this time, you may want to try to foster the kits or ask around if people have rabbits. I don't know how to ask... what about Bella herself ?

if you have any other moms that nurse at this time, you may want to try to foster the kits or ask around if people have rabbits. I don't know how to ask... what about Bella herself ?
Bella ended up being in a lot of pain & she was truly suffering from the hoof to her spine so we did what we felt was best and put her down.

We moved them to the house to and the dogs broke the door latch open and now we’re down to 3 kits.

hello all, i forgot to thank you for the article preitler but thank you so much! our little buns have been thriving so far. we’ve decided to keep with the b’s since their mother was bella and if they happen to be females were going to have belle, beth, & bugsy. if they’re males bugsy’s name will still stay and the other two will find new ones. I just wanted to keep everyone updated. I will try to keep up with their progress!

Latest posts

Back