New ink tonight..among other things..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
Went red today.. not bright fire engine red, but auburn red..so that was a change...

But tonight I am going to see my fav ink guy for a tatt to commemorate a very painful lesson I learned in the last 3 weeks.

I have mentioned before that Derby cost me alot of things..one of them being a friendship. I think. Perhaps she was never really my friend to begin with. Everytime there is drama, my best friend says *I swear, they give you the shaft, thats it, i'm quitting too, I refuse to be around people who treat people like that.*

A bit of history about her.. I knew her all through school. Couldn't stand her. She was a bully, selfish, only thought of herself and had the "screw them before they screw you" mentality.

When she first contacted me about joining derby, I ignored her, didn't respond. When she walked in a few weeks later, I literally almost threw my gear down and walked out. But she began to speak, and she didn't act the same..so I gave her a shot.

We lived close, so we often rode in together. She threw me a lavish birthday party. She was always trying to lavish gifts upon me, which was weird for me. In retrospect, I get why now.

In April, she began acting funny. So did my best guy friend, I never thought much of it, my husband and I just kept hanging out with her and her husband.

Turns out, both my best friends, girl and guy, were messing around together, behind their respective spouses, using me as an excuse, and lying to me the whole time.

Sure I got the story about how bad they felt for lying to me for 2 months, and its a huge weight lifted off their shoulders, but the damage was done..

So....back to the the ink...

When we had the Officer's meeting, and I left the team, when we got everything out in the open on both sides, she sat there and did nothing..nothing..blank look on her face.

Her excuse was "what could I say, you we're saying everything that needed to be said and putting them in their place"

What she did keep repeating over and over and over was.. "I told you..trust no one but yourself... trust no one but yourself"

I didn't know she meant her too.

I called my momma this morning and mentioned it to her, figured shed flip out about new ink, and all she said was "I been telling you that since you could walk..trust no one but yourself"

So tonight I get..In the most beautiful script Johnny does.. "Trust No One But Yourself" with a replica of her derby skate underneath it.

To remind myself of the painful lesson I learned.

It's going on my right bicep.

A little bit more I didn't add.. after it was all said and done, she told me, just 3 days ago, that she never stepped in, never rocked the boat, never did what was right, because had she rocked the boat any, or possibly left and went with us, her husband would have known, because she wouldn't have skated in the upcoming bout, which he would have been accompanying her on the trip, so even if she continued to tell him she was still skating for the old team, she would have been found out then.. thereby changing her schedule, and affecting her ability to continue on her affair..

So in the end..we see what was important to her.

Here's a pic of the actual skate..

RiedellMinx09.jpg

Close up's of the ink..

DSC_0372-1.jpg

DSC_0373-1.jpg

DSC_0374-1.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377-1.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

Wow! What an awesome job! The skate looks really well done,great use of the highlights.... and he has a great talent for the script! Really good use of the shading and color... (Looks sore too! How does it feel this morning?) I really like it.

I was in a similar position years ago... used by a "friend" for the same thing... left a very bad feeling that lingers til today. "Trust yourself"...

Latest posts

Back