New hutch?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Is this a good hutch for my harlequin bun?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Blue eyes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The following video shows why (the video actually starts out with almost that exact hutch).

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
Rabbits need 60 square feet of room to run around and that only provides 8. I suggest housing the rabbit inside. It will be so much happier, and safer. It is also cheaper than buying a hutch because the rabbit can free roam. I would also litter train your rabbit. Here are good housing options.
If you can't house the rabbit inside I would put it in a shed and attach a playpen to the hutch (like in the first picture).
Your other option would be to build a run (see last 2 pictures).

Attachments

Blue eyes

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Button

Reaction score
I have a run from our previous rabbit that i could attach on. She is mostly free roam during the on our deck which is enclosed. The run is fairly large so i could use that.

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
I have a run from our previous rabbit that i could attach on. She is mostly free roam during the on our deck which is enclosed. The run is fairly large so i could use that.
That would work, but make sure that it is completely predator-proof. The wire needs to be 1/2 inch squares and she does not need to be able to dig out.

Latest posts