New housing for Jasper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub793

Reaction score
Ok, so I procured new bigger housing for Jasper and now I am having trouble with her going in it. I put her food bowls in there and a litterbox(which I might add is a new experience for her), and put Her in there but she keep hopping out. I put food in her bowl and greens and hay in the litterbox, but I think she just doesn't get it's for her. I even put her poop in the litterbox... I put her in, she jumps out.. And on it goes. Any suggestions how I can make this transition easier for her? she was so neglected for so long I just want to make her life more comfortable.

Aww, just give her a bit of time, I expect she'll explore gradually - you could hide food in different spots in it to encourage her to sniff around. It will take awhile for it to stop smelling weird and new. You're doing the right things, putting her old tray etc. in.

I had this problem with rocky when I got his new cage, he wouldn't go in and it stressed him out being in there. He is fine now though. Can you have both cages set up at the same time? Maybe she can still sleep in her old one and the longer the new one is there the more she will go in and explore and eventually after a week or so put her in there and close the door.

She will get used to it and it wont take too long she just has to adjust to the new smells and space. You are doing everything right just give her time :)

Latest posts

Back