new house bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Found this little guy and had nothing to haul him in so he became bucket bunny. Now he's living in a laundry basket so he's laundry basket bunny. We really should name him. We added a towel food and water. Can he just stay in the laundry basket and by the time he's too big for it he will have learned to jump out. Then he can use it as a litterbox?

DSCN1579_zps873a6cd4.jpg

Last edited:
While the laundry basket may be adequate, you're really going to need something else. My main reason being is that there's a possibility he could chew his way out! Just a few quick nips through those plastic grids and out he pops! What have you given him for food? He will need a free supply of hay, alfalfa if you can get it because he looks so young.

I agree with the others, he will need alfalfa hay. And yes, he'll need a hutch or something else to live in if your planning on keeping him. He's cute! :)

Last edited:
We got given this
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/619291-ware-36-rabbit-starter-hutch.html#.UcNbBZxL36k
I removed the wire grate and laid down fleece because he was so small he couldn't walk on it. We think he's a 4week netherland. He was refusing to come out of the hutch part with the grate and now he's out eating food. I have 30 other rabbits living in 12x12 horse stalls so I know how to feed them. We buy our grass and alfalfa in bulk by the truckload. We've also had 2 house rabbits before but never litter box trained them. We have all wood floors so we dealt with sweeping it up every day.

Fair enough, good to know he's got his own little hutch now. If you don't want to use the fleece, you could also line the bottom with newspaper. :)

Latest posts

Back