New home, new weeds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekgirl101

Reaction score
I need help with identifying if some of the weeds around my house are rabbit safe. So far I've identified Bittercress, Groundsel, and Cleavers as rabbit safe, but I've come across one called Thale Cress and I can't find anything on the web that says if it's safe or dangerous. It is also known as Arabidopsis Thaliana and Mouse-ear Cress. It doesn't appear to be toxic, if anything it's able to protect itself from absorbing heavy metal toxins, which makes me think I don't even want to feed it to my rabbits if it's beneficial to the garden and the environment! :)

Last edited:
Hmm, well I did some further research about this plant and it seems it's perfectly safe for human consumption and can be eaten in extremely large amounts, so I guess it's probably ok for rabbits too. Still I'd like to grow more of it if possible before I begin feeding it to the fluffy foragers, and luckily it has a short lifespan and releases seeds to grow more.

Edit: Aha! Finally came across a page which mentioned about a rabbit-munched thale grass, so it must be edible for them.

Latest posts

Back