New here, would really love some advice !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mei

Reaction score
Hello! Im Morgan, and this is my bun Snowy! We are new here and we would love some advice!
So we have been having a really hard time with him eating any sort of veggies. I mean really hard time. He is super stubborn about it and I don't know what to do :( he won't touch any veggies at all! He is 7 months old and was vet checked and is super healthy and happy! He eats his pellets (1/2 cup and LOVES hay (unlimited of course) I bought him different brands and types of dark greens. We have tried parsley, cilantro and even a carrot (just to see if he'd try it) he won't eat ANY veggies. He ate lettuce 2 times and loved it but won't do it again. I still prepare him fresh veggies salad in the morning and night but won't touch it. I'll try to add hay and pellets to it here and there to see if he'd eat it then. He just wont. I just don't know what to do anymore. It's starting to like super stress me out :(

Attachments

• PXL_20200914_032948470.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20200914_032948470.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum!

Two thoughts come to mind...

One is that he may be overeating pellets. 1/2 cup sounds like a lot since 1/4 cup seems more standard BUT if he is at a healthy body condition, then 1/2 cup may be suitable for him. You can check the chart below to see where he is.

Two is that he may just need to be given more time to get used to a green. The lettuce that you said he ate in the past, I'd try offering that again. (assuming it is not iceberg) Offer a bit every day whether he eats it or not. With some rabbits, it is the unfamiliar that they refuse. By offering a bit each day, he just may decide he'll start eating it again. If he does, then you'll be on your way to getting him to eat greens.

A couple tips would be to offer the green at the same time each day. That time should be nowhere near the time he gets his pellets.

Speaking of the pellets, what type/brand does he get? Do you feed it once per day or do you spread that half cup over two feedings?

Is my rabbit too fat or too thin? Monitoring Your Rabbit's Weight

Welcome to the forum!

Two thoughts come to mind...

One is that he may be overeating pellets. 1/2 cup sounds like a lot since 1/4 cup seems more standard BUT if he is at a healthy body condition, then 1/2 cup may be suitable for him. You can check the chart below to see where he is.

Two is that he may just need to be given more time to get used to a green. The lettuce that you said he ate in the past, I'd try offering that again. (assuming it is not iceberg) Offer a bit every day whether he eats it or not. With some rabbits, it is the unfamiliar that they refuse. By offering a bit each day, he just may decide he'll start eating it again. If he does, then you'll be on your way to getting him to eat greens.

A couple tips would be to offer the green at the same time each day. That time should be nowhere near the time he gets his pellets.

Speaking of the pellets, what type/brand does he get? Do you feed it once per day or do you spread that half cup over two feedings?

Is my rabbit too fat or too thin? Monitoring Your Rabbit's Weight
Thank you for the welcome and replying to me!
I do the 1/2 cup over 2 feedings! Vet said he was perfect weight for his breed and everything. No iceberg at all! I do offer the same one everyday regardless it's just sad seeing he won't touch it. :( He is almost completely transitioned to adult rabbit oxbow pellets! I never thought of a actual routine with the lettuce and when he doesn't have pellets. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back