New here! Looking for HL breeders in Ohio

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzaroosky

Reaction score
:)Hello all,

I'm new to Rabbits Only...but not new to rabbits. I'm a regular on the"Lagomorph Lounge" site and have been for quite some time. I've hadbunnies in my life for about 4 years now. Just pets, but someday I'dlove to try my hand at breeding! Currently I have 3 rabbits. One bondedpair, Calypso (blue Mini Rex doe) and Coda (black ND cross maybe?), andone single doe, Noel (broken blue Mini Rex or Rex...not sure). Calypsoand Coda were rescues, while Noel (one of my very first rabbits) camefrom a pet store. As for myself, I'm 18, living in central Ohio, andwill begin college in the fall. :D

25689b11.jpg

^ Noel ^

PICT0133.jpg

^ Calypso & Coda before they were bonded ^

Anyway, now that my intro is done- one of the reasons why Ijoined RO is because I recently had one of my bunnies pass away. Paolo,a rescued Mini Lop, had been bonded with Noel. I adopted him in Januarywhen my Holland, Jazz passed away suddenly (he had also been bondedwith Noel). He died of GI stasis. Paolo, however, died of old age. Theshelter I adopted him from could not tell me his exact age, just thathe was "older"...so I knew when I got him that it was uncertain howlong he would be with me. He had problems with his back legs, and thoseproblems began to increase over the past few weeks. Sometime Sundaynight he passed away.

I am hoping to find a Holland Lop buck to help fill the void left byboth Paolo and Jazz. If anyone out there is a HL breeder in Ohio or isplanning to attend any Ohio shows this summer, please contact me! I maybe interested in purchasing one of your furries.

Sorry for the long post! But thanks for reading, if ya got all the way to here. ;)

-Jessica-

Here is a list of breeders in Ohio :D

Battson, Kristen
[email protected] Tipp City, OH - Youth

Borsick, John
[email protected] North Fairfield, OH - Open

Brown, Heidi
[email protected] Brinkhaven, OH - Youth

Brown, Kristi
[email protected] Brinkhaven, OH - Open

Burns, Renee'
[email protected] or [email protected] Sheffield Lake, OH - Open

Burris, Aerica
[email protected] Cambridge, OH - Youth

Childress, Shanelle
[email protected] Holland, OH - Open

Colley, LeAnn
[email protected] Paulding, OH - Open

Dawson, Donna
[email protected] Canal Fulton, OH - Open

Jordan, Maya & Matthew
[email protected] Barberton, OH - Open

Lhamon, Emily
[email protected] Lima, OH - Youth

McCreight, Ashley
[email protected] Westerville, OH - Youth

McCreight, Stephen & Marci
[email protected] Westerville, OH - Open

Meier, Susan
[email protected] Wapakoneta, OH - Open

Pelsoczi, Kim
[email protected] Northfield Center, OH - Open

Porath, Juli, Brandon, Jessica, and Colin
[email protected] West Unity, OH - Youth

Scott, Dwayne
[email protected] Pataskala, OH - Open

Smith, Stefanie
[email protected] Eaton, OH - Open

Sphar, Branden
[email protected] Casstown, OH - Youth

Strahler, Larry & Linda
[email protected] Marietta, OH - Open

Strahm, Terra
[email protected] Mount Gilead, OH - Open

Washburn, Larry & Nancy
[email protected] Elyria, OH - Open

Washburn, Heather
[email protected] Elyria, OH - Youth

Werner, Jim & Jimmy
[email protected] Trenton, OH - Open & Youth

White, Ty & Tammy
[email protected] Barberton, OH - Open

Wow there was a lot of em!! :D

Welcome to the board!

~Amy

Thanks for the list Amy! :D

Yeah, I'm still not over Jazz's death. He was a complete one of a kind bunny...

PICT00042.jpg

He was a BEW Holland...and just the sweetest little ball of fur you canimagine! My dream bunny, lol. His death was very, very sudden and fromthe time I found him sick in his pen to the time he died...it was onlya matter of about 3 or 4 hours. We rushed him to the vet, but therejust wasn't enough time.

This was Paolo:

ae9064b7.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm very saddened by his death too, but I was ableto prepare myself more for it, you know? It just seems all too soonafter Jazz though.

*sigh* Ugh, don't want to make my first posts here completely wishywashy, lol. Thanks again for the list of breeders. I think I'vecontacted a good number of them already in hopes of finding a littleloppy boy.

I'm secretary of the regional Ohio Holland LopRabbit Fanciers club (my son is Vice President), so I know many of theOhio breeders and attend many Ohio shows.

You can find Ohio breeders websites under "Members Links" and aprintable membership application to our club.http://www.geocities.com/ohlrf/index.htmlOurspring specialty show was held this past weekend in Wellington,Ohio. Our fall specialty will be in Medina, Ohio.

There is an eveningshowin 2 weeks at Akron, Ohioand there will be a number of Holland Lop breeders attending.

Pam

pallina.jpg

Thanks Pam, hopefully I will be able to make itto the Akron show to see what is available for sale there. I was at theConvention in Columbus last month and saw quite a few gorgeous Hollandsfor sale, but wasn't able to buy at that time.

Thanks again!

Jess? Is that you? It's meAnn and the dreaded Frankenbunny. We joined the forum a weekor so ago. Don't forget the annual Petapazoola inAkron. I think it's scheduled forNovember.Medina may be having a rabbit show inAugust - can't remember the schedule for the fairgrounds. Ifyou need help with transport or anything, let me know.

http://www.petapazoola.com/

Last year's info. They haven't posted for this year yet.

If all else fails, I know where there is a pleasant, charming, sweet, big grey girl with lop ears and sharp teeth.

I am so sorry for both your losses. Both your boys had thesweetestdispositions. Even my absent minded husbandremembered Jazz and his visits.

Ann //seniorcats aka Frankenbunny

Hey Ann, I didn't know you werea member here. Good to "see" you!

I'm going to see what I can find...and if any bunnies really stand outto me. I did find an adorable little boy at one rabbitry nearMansfield. He only had one ear because his dam chewed the other off atbirth. I sent the breeder an e-mail but she told me she sold him onSaturday. D'oh. Oh well. He was a cutie though. Broken lynx...but forsome reason his pic reminded me of Jazz almost.

pamnock wrote:
I'msecretary of the regional Ohio Holland Lop Rabbit Fanciers club (my sonis Vice President), so I know many of the Ohio breeders and attend manyOhio shows.

You can find Ohio breeders websites under "Members Links" and aprintable membership application to our club.http://www.geocities.com/ohlrf/index.htmlOurspring specialty show was held this past weekend in Wellington,Ohio. Our fall specialty will be in Medina, Ohio.

There is an eveningshowin 2 weeks at Akron, Ohioand there will be a number of Holland Lop breeders attending.

Pam
Ohmy goodness - that could be my Puck in your picture. Here's apicture ofhim!
Peg - ARG - Puck looks as dark as yourbunny but it doesn't show up in this picture of him as a baby!

Jess, I'm new here too. There do seemto be a lot Ohio people here so I hope you can find the right bunny foryou and Noel.

We may be getting a friend for Dubya in the fall.....

I'm keeping my eyes peeled....I've contactedquite a few breeders seeing what's out there. So far, nothing. Butwe'll see. When the right one comes along, I'll know it.

Things with Dubya and Wilbur not working out too well? I'm surprisedit's those two and Mel's the innocent party, haha. Ahhh boy... I wasjust thinking about you guys today. I need to be making the trek upthere to visit again soon, don't I?

Latest posts

Back