New Hamster

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazyDaizee

Reaction score
I had a hamster a few years ago and I've wanted another since.. for some reason I've held off until now.
Here's the new guy?.. He's too tiny to really tell just yet. He came from a breeder. The babies in the litter got milk poisoning (I think?) and 6 out of 15 survived after the mom was treated with antibiotics. So he's very small for his age, which is 5 weeks. He seems very healthy though, so hopefully he'll be okay.
Here he is..
Hammy.jpg

Hammy2.jpg

Hammy3.jpg

I haven't named him yet. I just picked him up a few hours ago. My boyfriend (Scott) wants to name him "Little Scotty" haha. We'll see...

Awwwww. I love his big ears. Had to show his picture to my boyfriend, who also thinks he's adorable. I hope he lives a long, healthy and happy life! I actually like Little Scottie because my last hamster was named Little Data.... hooray Star Trek!

Aww, so tiny! I like the name Scotty, too! lol

I've had a few hamsters colored like that. Their names were Duo and Sam. Neither were as little as that little cutie, though! :)

Thanks everyone. I was so shocked by how small he is, too, I've never seen a hamster that size. I guess we might stick with Little Scotty, but he might actually be a girl.. we're not totally sure..Not that I'd feel it necessary to change the name.. haha

I think he'll probably grow. He might end up being a small hamster, but I'm sure he'll get bigger than he is now. I'm off of work today and it's tough to leave him alone! I want him to settle in for a day or two before I start picking him up.. so I just held him that once when I put him in his new home. And, of course, he's nocturnal, so I wouldn't be able to bother him now, anyway. Last night whenever he'd come out to eat or run on his wheel I'd go over and watch, haha. I think my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. We have so many pets, but for some reason the hamster is so intriguing to me.

He's a very tiny fella! Very cute. :)

Hamsters are very fun to watch, a lot like mice. They just have such tiny hands! It's amazing to me, LOL.

Latest posts

Back