New guinea pig

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazyDaizee

Reaction score
We just got a new guinea pig as a companion for our older boy, hoping to keep him active and happy. Our intention was to get a female and have her spayed... as it turns out, the "female" guinea pig I drove to NH to get is obviously a male. Fortunately our other pig gets along well with him. As do the rats, and Wally our bunny LOVES him. But Wally loves everyone...
babyman.jpg

pig.jpg

pals.jpg

pigbean.jpg

beanandpig.jpg

OMG I want them all! Is that rat good sized? and the pigs are so darned cute! Your new one looks a lot like my old Pig.... Pig.

The rat, Billy Bean, is actually on the smaller side. He's chubby but he's a small rat.. I should have taken a picture of our rat Cheeto next to him, haha. Cheeto is not only a big rat, but he's also obese (we're trying to get him to lose weight) and he looks like 2 rats in one.

:( I am scared of rats, mice, and guinea pigs. I think i have some kind of phobia. These pictures made me a bit squeamish, as much as watching Stuart LIttle did :p

Here are the Cheeto & new pig pictures as requested.. haha
cheetopig2.jpg

cheetopig.jpg

Jade, I go back and forth about which pets I will have no more of once they're gone. I know we need fewer different species to make everyone happier (myself included). So currently, though I LOVE rats and ferrets and have had rats since I was 15, I think they are the two species that we won't get any more of, at least while we have rabbits and guinea pigs. Ideally I want all my pets to be free range, relatively easy to clean up after, and not ridiculously destructive. I'm sure I'll have ferrets and rats again, but maybe not while I have rabbits and guinea pigs.

AngelH, have you ever met a pet rodent? I've noticed a lot of people who were scared of rats were surprised at how they behaved once they met some. They don't really scurry all around and are pretty placid. They seek out attention and many people say they're the closest you can get to a dog in a small animal.

I have an irrational fear of spiders which I know makes no sense. Ants and other little bugs don't bother me. Spiders make me squeamish. I don't know what it is, I've tried to talk myself out of it, but I just hate them. So I can see having a fear that is unfounded and not know why it affects you the way it does.. but it might help to meet a pet rodent and possibly interact. Not that I'm ready to pet someone's tarantula.. but I can be in the same room with it, haha.

DazyDaizee -

That's the funny part! When i was about 10, all I wanted was a pair of pet hamsters (They were quite the thing then, everyone had them, I played with a lot of my friends' hamsters and really liked them).

I had no bad experiences from playing with them. In fact I think I rather enjoyed them (now I don't understand how I could)

THen i grew up and suddenly got scared of them. I jump and scream when I see a dead rat, my knees get wobbly and I have to clutch onto someone to go past the area where the dead rat is, and don't even get me started on live ones. My knees went jelly that time I went to the petstore to get hay for my Piffy and one HUGE white mouse escaped from his cage. I almost cried (yes yes i know) watching the petstore guy catch it and put it back in its cage.

I have no idea why, i know it's really stupid and silly.

DazyDaizee wrote:
Jade, I go back and forth about which pets I will have no more of once they're gone. I know we need fewer different species to make everyone happier (myself included). So currently, though I LOVE rats and ferrets and have had rats since I was 15, I think they are the two species that we won't get any more of, at least while we have rabbits and guinea pigs. Ideally I want all my pets to be free range, relatively easy to clean up after, and not ridiculously destructive. I'm sure I'll have ferrets and rats again, but maybe not while I have rabbits and guinea pigs.

I understand a hundred and ten percent. The short life spans are killer too.

We have 8 rabbits of our own 2 fosters, 3 gps, 1 skink, 1 gecko, and 1 dog.

Latest posts

Back