New fur growth?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
I posted about a week ago regarding finding dark purple/black spots on Bella's skin (they have been growing and I'vefound more in other areas on her). I haven't taken her to the vet because there hasn't been any changes in behaviour and i did a really good check for fur mites (she doesn't have any), and I don't believe its anything serious. Based on researching, it seems just to be new fur coming in and it would make sense too since she has been shedding a lot recently. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced markings like these on their rabbits and to get feedback on my findings. (I will take her to the vet if I notice any changes)

20200213_170403.jpg 20200213_170354.jpg 20200213_170403.jpg

Attachments

zuppa

Reaction score
Hi, my Smokey is blue but her parents were white spotted, her skin under fur is normally white but last year I found that she had black spots all over her body under fur, just like her parents, I have no idea why and asked on this forum, some people said this is normal. She's now all white under her fur again I don't know why this happened but she is and was healthy and all.
When there's new fur growing then yes I had similar situation with other rabbits that fur growing from dark spots. From your pics skin looks healthy not irritated so I wouldn't worry.

Latest posts

Group Builder