New crochet dragon!!! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, after entering my crochet dragon in an art contest I didn't have it for a couple of weeks that's why I didn't share any pics of it with you all, because I didn't get any before I submitted it. Anyway after finally getting it back yesterday I got a couple of pics for you all. The art contest was being held at a library near by here and when I submitted it they said they would call us and tell us if I won. So I waited and didn't get any phone call and a couple of weeks later I was going to be going to the town the library was in for some supplies so I called the library and asked if I could pick the dragon up and they said yes you can pick it up any time. So I decided that when I went to town I would pick the dragon up on the way back. So I walked in to the library after I had done all of my shopping and I walked over to the table where I saw my dragon and I was a 1st place tag on it!!! :D woo hoo!!! :clapping: :yes: I was pretty happy when I saw it but now I'm wondering why they didn't call me since I won like they said they would. They also said that the winner would get some money and I didn't get that either yet. I'm thinking maybe they'll send it by mail. Anyway I don't really care much about the money or that they didn't call me I'm just really happy that I won. It was nice finally getting the dragon back after a long time. Oh and I forgot to say I made a little rider for the dragon too with a sword and shield. Anyway, I should stop blabbing and show you pics of the dragon and its rider. Here they are. I'm pretty sure that this is the best thing I've crocheted yet. It tops my other projects. I love making dragons and hope to make a bunch more in the near future. I've always liked dragons and its plenty fun designing and coming up with the shapes needed to make the dragon. But often I have to undo some parts and redo them to make them look better. Its all trial and error. But I'm very happy with how he turned out. There I go off again blabbing, lol. Here, I'm going to stop and post some pictures now.
phplyaeutpm-7391.jpg

phpjlvf5vpm-7394.jpg

phpvz0vscpm-7397.jpg

php5vxbbipm-7396.jpg

phpvufkhwpm-7393.jpg

phpmnfijwpm-7392.jpg

php8nu88opm-7395.jpg

Congratulations Elise!:yes: Your dragon came out very, very well. It's a shame you had to wait so long to find out the out come. Hopefully you'll get the cash prize in the mail. I wish I knew how to crochet although I don't have much free time I would like to do smaller projects.

Thanks Denise! :) Hopefully I will get it in the mail but if it doesn't it doesn't really matter as it probably wasn't much anyway. Crocheting is pretty easy, if you wanted to learn you could just go on Youtube. Its fun to make the quick projects.

Did you ask them about the prize or why they didn't call you? I would have, and if you didn't, perhaps ring and ask about it? The dragon looks fantastic though, very cool design and colours.

Thank you both. Bec, I didn't ask because I don't think the librariean knew anything about getting your prize. In about a week I'm going over to a friends house and she has entered things to the art contest before as they hold it every year before. Infact she won 3rd place this year with a drawing of hers that was really pretty. She has entered the contest before so I'll ask her about getting the money when I go to her house next week.

<3 It! I love the little rider! That really looks like it took a lot of thought and hard work. Congrats on the win. :) Blue ribbon's rock!

Elise, congratulations!!!!!!! :woohoo So glad I found this thread today! I wondered what happened with the dragon & contest! Great dragon & rider! Always nice when people recognize & acknowledge your talent! Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back