New cat- when will bunny stop marking territory?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessc

Reaction score
I have a 5/6 year old male neutered rabbit, who has previously be in households with cats and loves them. He has never had an accident outside of his litter box, but recently I brought a new kitten home (also neutered makeand he is pooping and peeing everywhere.

He is humping the cat also, but then will run circles around him and play with him when he is in the mood. I generally think he likes the cat, but just want to know how long it takes for him to feel like he is “top dog” and stop peeing wherever he wants.

He is free roam but I do put him in a large enclosure at bed time just for safety reasons.

This may not suit you but I think the fastest way is to “re litter train” him. Pretty much how it works is you put them in a smaller area until they are peeing a pooping where there supposed to be. It may be more complicated because it’s caused by the kitten. You may have to keep them together in a smaller area for a while:( I don’t mean Tiny but not free roam for a little bit.

Hi, my bunny (Haggis) was litter trained until he was free to roam now he uses his whole cage as a toilet and even poops on the rug in my bedroom Then tries to bury it) and in my bed when he has a litter tray close by. I was thinking I need to cage him to retrain him but I feel awful caging him. Help x

Latest posts

Back