New cat chases rabbits - how can I stop her?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tav

Reaction score
I've adopted a new cat. She's about two years old and very playful. But she chases my rabbits (both adult, but small rabbits)and they are terrified and I am obviously not going to let this happen. She clearly considers them prey to play with, even if she wouldn't hurt them (I don't know that she would or wouldn't).

How can I get her to stop?
The buns are free running. I don't want to restrict their freedom if I can avoid doing it.
I tried to spray her with water when she approaches them, but I don't know if this is the best solution, since it puts everyone in a panic.

Any advise? I am really upset and desperate

Sorry to hear this. Maybe a slower introduction? Or putting some items that smell like the rabbits in your cat’s space so she gets used to the smell. Also does your cat see you interacting with your rabbits as pets? She might not be able to tell that they’re part of the family and you’re ok with them. In the end though I think that the rabbits would rather have a smaller area like a room with a door than be tormented by a cat all day. Best of luck

Latest posts

Back