New camera! whee!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greta

Reaction score
So, I finally went and got myself a new camera! It's a Canon 20D, with the basic 18-55mm lens, and a good fast reaction time (night and day compared to the 1-sec. delay of my parents' old point-n-shoot!!) ... binky-ers beware! :biggrin2:

The only majorgripe I have about the lens is thatitcan't focus very close for macro, which comprises a fair bit of what I do. Can anyone suggest a decent macro lens that is relatively inexpensive? *cough* Pet_Bunny *cough*

Welcome to the world of DSLR. What camera did you have before?

Your 20D should be very fast and good for low light shots. The 18-55 mm lens is nice. It does focus closer than most other Canon lens.

If you want a macro lens, it does get expensive.If you do serious macro work, you should stay with something 100 mm macro or larger.
Maybe you might have to look at a third party lens (Sigma or Tameron) for a cheaper alternative to take pictures of flowers.

So... shouldn't there be some pictures on the way from you with the new camera??? :waiting::p

YAY for the SLR camera - I am still figuring mine out and I've had it for a year and a half. LOL.

Nadia

Latest posts

Back