Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaskye

Reaction score
I just got my baby Holland lop last Friday. She is very active and loves binkying and running around, exploring. She comes up to me often to sniff and now she lets me pet her too. I really want to hold her and put her in my lap to snuggle but I don’t want to scare her. Many suggest letting your bunny come to you on their own terms but a friend of mine that has experience with them suggests to handle her as much as possible while she’s young so that she begins to trust me. I’m not sure which one I should do?

Rabbits generally don't like being held - with some being an exception. Some are cuddly, some want nothing to do with being held. Continue working on your bond with her so she learns to trust you, so yes let her come to you. Don't force her because then it'll be even harder to bond. Try giving her greens by hand, or give her a treat to entice her to "check you out". I personally like to lay on the floor and Trixie will come up to my face and she gives me kisses (licks my cheek). Baby rabbits are generally easier to handle but when they get older, they may not want to be held anymore. It's really up to the rabbit's personality.

Last edited:
When I was bonding with Bunster, I would go into a carpeted room and let her run around. I would lay on my stomach and every once in a while she would hop on my back. She still does that when i'm working on homework 😍 . Or just sit with your legs crossed and let her sniff you up and down to get use to you. She might hop on your lap, or you might have to wait until you bond more. I'd love to see some pictures 😊😍! I love seeing everyone's bunnies! You can start a thread on
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/forums/rabbit-registry.98/ to introduce your bunny!

When I was bonding with Bunster, I would go into a carpeted room and let her run around. I would lay on my stomach and every once in a while she would hop on my back. She still does that when i'm working on homework 😍 . Or just sit with your legs crossed and let her sniff you up and down to get use to you. She might hop on your lap, or you might have to wait until you bond more. I'd love to see some pictures 😊😍! I love seeing everyone's bunnies! You can start a thread on
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/forums/rabbit-registry.98/ to introduce your bunny!
I uploaded some pictures, is it normal for them to scratch things a lot? She has only started doing this today

I uploaded some pictures, is it normal for them to scratch things a lot? She has only started doing this today
If by scratch you mean she is digging? From few bunnies that i new then yea they love to dig everything. Mine ruined my carpet 🙂

If by scratch you mean she is digging? From few bunnies that i new then yea they love to dig everything. Mine ruined my carpet 🙂
Yes, she was digging at the carpeted flooring in my basement along with digging at her plastic litter scooper :)

Yes, she was digging at the carpeted flooring in my basement along with digging at her plastic litter scooper :)
So i am not an expert on rabbits, but i guess digging is instincts driven, as most rabbit species in the wild live in underground burrows that they dig. Maybe try to give her a digging box or something other to distract her from your carpet.
I am trying to block all the corners where she likes to dig :)

Latest posts

Back