new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahall83

Reaction score
hello all. today i was at the gas station in my town and seen an ad for baby bunnies and of course i just had to call. today is my mothers birthday and she recently bought us all (me and my children live with her) a cute little bunny name snowball. well the story behind her getting snowball is shes been wanting a bunny and used my kids as an excuse to get it lol. well for some reason snowball seems to have bonded with me over everyone else in the house. so back to the new bunny.

i got to thinking. she is the one that wanted a bunny to begin with so i decided to go look at these bunnies to see about getting my mom her own. well i got there and completely fell in love. there were 2 babys and the mother. i wish i could have taken them all. the woman was selling them for a friend so she really couldnt tell me much about them as she didnt know her self. she said they were 8 weeks maybe a bit older? both babies are all black. the black has a brown casting to it in the sun. he is almost velvety feeling whereas snowball is silky. i have no idea what kind of bunny he is. his mother was mostly black with a couple small white spots. and i didnt see the father. it is a small breed of rabbit. the mom was just a bit bigger than the babies. if anyone has any idea what breed he may be id appreciate it. if not no biggie. ill just consider his breed cute lol.
IMG-20110929-00488.jpg
IMG-20110929-00488.jpg

Velvety fur sounds like a Mini Rex, the coloring also sounds right, so does the size. I am no expert, I have just been hanging about a lot :)
However, them are some awesome ears, so I would keep asking the more knowledgeable folk around here. I would definitely check the Rabbit Breeds section and look at Rexes. Good luck, and that is a most beautiful bun!:welcome1

thanks guys! ha yeah his ears are huge. thanks for helping me figure out what he is. im clueless as to figure all that out.

hello all. i know that this is an old thread but... i was wondering. this bunny has grown quite a bit. still on the smallish side. still has his huge ears. at 12ish weeks give or take would he be full grown? the reason i ask is that. his poop is about twice the size if not even bigger than my hotot mix. is this normal? is my bunny gunna get bigger lol? im going to try an get another pic of him soon. any help would be great

Just took another look at the picture and noticed full length whiskers, so, that is not a mini rex. The Rexes all have short, stubby little whiskers and very short velvet looking fur. Cute bunny. Our Bambi is such a dark brown that in low lite conditions most people think she's black. She's the darkest brown I've ever seen and the bottom of her feet are gray.

small to medium breeds reach full size at about 6-9 months, large-giant breeds reach full size at about 12-18 months :) So you've still got some time to go until he's full grown either way.

yeah i came to the conclusion that hes not a mini rex a couple weeks ago. his hair went from feeling fluffy and velvety to silky and smooth. i keep trying to get a good pic of him but everytime i try and take a pic he zooms off in the other direction. hes such a clown. i would say hes about twice the length he used to be. but then again he was such a pip squeak when i got him that doesnt mean much. his ears are HUGE. is there a specific breed that he might have in him that would explain the dumbo effect? im sure hes a mix.

larry you very well might be on to something with the dark brown because i swear in certain light i see a brown cast to him.

Latest posts

Back