New bunny owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys. I got a new bunny 4 days ago and she is my first. Everyday I learn something new about her. Three days ago a bought her hay and she started to sneeze so I thought that it was an allergic reaction from the hay so I tried my best to remove the dust before giving it to her. Today she sneezed maybe 5 times in a row and i got worried. I looked it up, and they said to look for discharge. Her nose and eyes isn’t wet but i saw a very small white discharge and I don’t know if it’s real or I’m starting to see things because I’m worried, I tried to take a picture but it didn’t show. She slept, eat, and drink more than usual, but still she is new and everyday she does something different. She also pooped and peed more but it looks fine. She is not potty trained but she used to pee in a corner, now she is peeing in the corner and every where else and even sits in it. She is 10 months old and she is not spayed yet. when she is sleeping she breath slower 46 times per minute and she close her eyes

Do your bunny sneeze when eating hay only?

If only with hay she can get dust or just sensitive. One of my boys always sneeze when eating hay. He can sneeze many times in one row but the white discharge is something to keep an eye on. Is your bunny really wet around the nose, having trouble breathing or often get discharges?

If any of the other symptoms, I would go to a vet to get a health check up.

Not spayed will cause her to pee and spread droppings. That’s normal specially not litter trained. Myself still get it with one of my boys that’s litter trained and neutered. But it only happens on two spots, in my other bunnies cage and up on my other bunnies hide house. Then we have the spot next to the shoes which he can leave a bit of wet spot. So unspayed girl and not litter trained that’s just a normal behavior. She will want to mark her territory.

Sleeping more and eating more is just her getting more comfy in her new home. You get surprised how much bunnies sleep during the day. I’ve seen one of my boys sleeping at least 8 times today, a few are just short minutes others span to an hour 😊

Depending on long naps or many short naps, I can see my bunny sleep more. If it’s long naps I’ll see less sleeping while short naps I will see often. But that’s just what I’ve observed with my boys. They often rest or sleep between 11:00 to 15:00, they aren’t that active and will only have a break to eat food and then go back to resting.

They are active early mornings and evening to bedtime.

Do your bunny sneeze when eating hay only?

If only with hay she can get dust or just sensitive. One of my boys always sneeze when eating hay. He can sneeze many times in one row but the white discharge is something to keep an eye on. Is your bunny really wet around the nose, having trouble breathing or often get discharges?

If any of the other symptoms, I would go to a vet to get a health check up.

Not spayed will cause her to pee and spread droppings. That’s normal specially not litter trained. Myself still get it with one of my boys that’s litter trained and neutered. But it only happens on two spots, in my other bunnies cage and up on my other bunnies hide house. Then we have the spot next to the shoes which he can leave a bit of wet spot. So unspayed girl and not litter trained that’s just a normal behavior. She will want to mark her territory.

Sleeping more and eating more is just her getting more comfy in her new home. You get surprised how much bunnies sleep during the day. I’ve seen one of my boys sleeping at least 8 times today, a few are just short minutes others span to an hour 😊

Depending on long naps or many short naps, I can see my bunny sleep more. If it’s long naps I’ll see less sleeping while short naps I will see often. But that’s just what I’ve observed with my boys. They often rest or sleep between 11:00 to 15:00, they aren’t that active and will only have a break to eat food and then go back to resting.

They are active early mornings and evening to bedtime.

she sneezes when she is sleeping or resting. Her nose isn’t wet, there is a tiny white thing that has been there from the moment I first saw her nose, but I didn’t really look into it before becauseI thought that this is what rabbit nose looks like

she sneezes when she is sleeping or resting. Her nose isn’t wet, there is a tiny white thing that has been there from the moment I first saw her nose, but I didn’t really look into it before becauseI thought that this is what rabbit nose looks like

I would have it checked out at a rabbit savy vet. To see if she have any health issues. Can you take a picture of her nose?

Latest posts

Back