New Bunny Mom/ eight week old Holland lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the vaccum for the hair and poo. The brush and is removable. Also handy for other areas in the house.
I already had the NIC grids. They were arts and craft shelves in my old house. I used a combo of the knobs they come with and zip ties. There are 30 on the main enclosure. I used the zip ties for the doors and bull clips to close, later I had switched to carabiners cuz he learned to head but it open. The only time I close him in is if he is in bunny time out, ie tries to pee on the couch
That's great that the breeder will take care of the neuter. I am in CT. Cost me $80 for the preop visit and $298 for the neuter. The Vet is specialized in exotics. Tried to talk my son into a rescue. Then all is done! Training a bunny is like training a toddler. Takes awhile but eve8 you get there.

Another thing I thought of for the babies. If he can fit his head through a space, he will most likely get all of him i . Ours got behind and under a dining buffet . Also worth the NIC grids, don't use them until you are sure the boney part of his face cant get through. Some one on this forum had that happen and the bunny was seriously injured. Be aware of slippery stairs( I block mine off) and chairs, couches not against the wall where he may try to leap off too.

Thank you so much! You cannot imagine how much I appreciate all the advice that you’ve given me, truly! I appreciate it so much! I ordered the hand vac and will go check out the grids at bed Bath and beyond before I order them from Amazon!

Final question, for now, the bunny will be OK at times where I’m working all day and then have business or networking events, right? I just feel so bad we’ve been literally taking him to the store with us and everything as to not leave them alone

Thank you so much! You cannot imagine how much I appreciate all the advice that you’ve given me, truly! I appreciate it so much! I ordered the hand vac and will go check out the grids at bed Bath and beyond before I order them from Amazon!

Final question, for now, the bunny will be OK at times where I’m working all day and then have business or networking events, right? I just feel so bad we’ve been literally taking him to the store with us and everything as to not leave them alone
I am a nurse and am gone 12 hrs. Sometimes other family members are gone before me. all are active with work and gym...etc and he seems fine. I will confess to getting a video monitor on amazon so I can check on him. Brand is EZVIZ. Kids say I didn't watch them this well. The nice thing about rabbits is that they are active in the early morning and late evening. Mine naps most of the day with little snack breaks now that he is all grown up. As long as his enclosure is safe and he cant get out, he will be fine!

That’s awesome thank you so much I’m going to read these! That makes me feel better too about leaving him alone. It’s so funny that you have a camera that you can check on him because I have already thought about that, Ha!

Bought him this cool maze on Binky Bunny .com
I am glad to share what I have discovered this year! It has been fun.

Attachments

• 20190829_060125.jpg
    20190829_060125.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
Charlie is SO cute!! I will definitely check out that bunny maze! My Bleu it’s actually using his litter box some, but keeps peeing on his hay instead of the litter. I’ve tried switching the sides of the litter and hay but nothing is seeming to work. Did your bunny do that when he was a baby?

This is what the litter box looks like in use. I spread the stuff he gets in the litter box periodically over his poops. To keep his feet cleaner.

Attachments

• 15672584153758559325008293008244.jpg
    15672584153758559325008293008244.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back