New Bunny Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

or

• Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Redsbunnies12

Reaction score
Hi! Brand new to the forum and brand new bunny mommy. I tried to search as best I could to make sure this was the right place to ask this. I am wondering about the sex of this bunny. It’s about 6-8 weeks old. I did a ton of research on how to sex, just wondering if some experts can confirm or deny what we might have here ❤️ Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• 31C38EF4-8065-45E6-BFF6-56BEEAC0CF75.jpeg
    31C38EF4-8065-45E6-BFF6-56BEEAC0CF75.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2828569E-ECD1-4B28-900A-6E5965CAAAC4.jpeg
    2828569E-ECD1-4B28-900A-6E5965CAAAC4.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 13
  • D89520E2-0C33-4040-ABE5-347B99082600.jpeg
    D89520E2-0C33-4040-ABE5-347B99082600.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 13
Did you buy it neutered cause normally when you buy a rabbit or cats or dogs they tell you if it’s neutered and if they didn’t there’s a good chance it’s not neutered but anyway later on you will need to take it to a vet cause he or she will spray to mark territory or hormones so yeah with holly hawk we didn’t know he was a boy for 1 year I thought he was a she so it doesn’t matter as such but take him or her to the vet

Rabbits don't get neutered at that age (well, here males sometimes get done before puberty hits, don't read much of that on english boards), and it is sometimes notoriously difficult to tell the sex, even after 7 years of breeding rabbits I sometimes ask for a second opinion. And even when I think I'm sure the Sex Change Fairy pays a visit weeks later :D

Anyway, the pictures aren't the best, I can't tell for sure from those. Try to take some like on that site, where you can see the poped out top of whatever, and the distance to the anus:
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

Looks male to me. There is more of a "hole" than a "slot". I also don't see the bum hole and in males they are typically farther apart than with female.

Best to check is to hold the rabbit on its back using one hand put the tail between your first and middle finger and with your thumb just above the private area press firmly down and towards the belly while using your first and middle finger to "turn/press in opposite direction" towards the back of the bunny.

If you have a "burrito" shape with a round hole it is male.
If you have a slit (some say "taco" shape) then it is female.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back