new bunny has joined our family! <3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
just like to introduce little Millie
009-23.jpg

someone abandoned her at a pj's my fiance's friend works at. she is soooo tiny!!! she is the size of the palm of my hand, anyone know what kind she is? also she is eating hay and drinking but isn't interested in pellets or treats, is she too small to be away from her mom?

008-27.jpg

010-26.jpg

011-23.jpg

012-22.jpg

013-23.jpg

Looks like there is some Hotot in the gene pool. Sure is a darling little bunny. Some people really aggravate the you know what out of me--abandoning the poor little thing. Probably old enough to be away from her mom, and, what does it matter now anyway. Good luck.

thanks! yes i don't know how people can be so cruel. my vet told me that he used to work at our local zoo and people abandon their pet bunnies at the snake house in the zoo. (our town is small and the zoo is free and "open" there are no gates to stop ppl from walking through at night)he told me that he would find at least a couple bunnies a week. he rescues these bunnies when he can. it enrages me that people think of pets and rabbits and disposable. Even just today an aquaintance asked me to take in another bunny because his wife was pregnant and they read that rabbit urine would harm their baby.... UGH

got some more pics, decided to get some pics holding her just to show how big she is. excuse the horrible pictures of me i am sick as hell today so i took awful!

030-10.jpg

029-12.jpg

028-13.jpg

026-12.jpg

023-16.jpg

021-12.jpg

019-15.jpg

016-16.jpg

the poor thing is so terrified still. she doesn't want to come out of her cage on her own yet. but as i've learned with all my other bunnies, bonding and friendship take time :D

Aww she's so cute! I'm glad you took her in. And hopefully she'll warm up. She probably warm up soon, she just needs some tlc :)

She is really cute. She does look younger than 8 weeks to my untrained eye, but I don't think she's too terribly young. It would be good to get some probiotics to supplement her GI bacteria, which would be better if she had gotten more time with her mom. BeneBac is a good probiotic you can find at most big pet stores in the dog/cat section, and ProBios is made for horses but is the same product essentially. A gram of one of those daily if you see any weird stool or weekly for a little bit if her stool is normal is what I would recommend.

I actually think they looks older then 8 weeks, maybe about 8-10 weeks. I've had a few litters. It's hard to tell though from pictures.

I would trust Grace's opinion more than mine on this one. I only ever see baby bunnies in person if they are old enough to be away from their moms (at the shelter).

Latest posts

Back