New Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinabunns

Reaction score
I have two bunnies, Bert and Ernie, and they are brothers. They are 3 month old Holland Lops. Very affectionate and seem to be content just lap sitting…when they are not zooming around! No problems yet, just questions. Best age to neuter? Is Timothy hay Ok or do they need a blend? I am looking forward to reading posts and engaging in bunny talk with other bunnie lovers because my friends and family don’t “get it” 😜

Congratulations on the buns! They are just about ready to be neutered. Your vet will let you know when he/she feels they are large enough (usually as soon as testicles drop). In the meantime, keep an eye out for any aggression. Those pesky hormones can cause all kinds of trouble once they kick in.

Timothy hay is just fine. Are they eating juvenile pellets (usually alfalfa-based)? If so, then there's no need to blend alfalfa hay in with the timothy.

We'd love to see photos!

I love their names! They were my favorite characters on Sesame Street when I was growing up. Good choice.

Latest posts

Back