New bun just spat out what seems to be a ceco?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
He's just been set up in our home and calming. He's naturally stressed but he's eaten hay during the ride and now nibbles at home. The vet also said that there were absolutely no blockages and gas pains. His belly just went bloom though and when i tried to massage, gave me gurgly sounds. Can stress cause that or should i be further worried?
I then saw him reach for a ceco, grab it and then spit it right out. Looked more like a small long poo that's a little bumpy and not quite brown or black. He then stomped it into his toilet before i could get a pic. Soon after a second ceco came, which he ate. He toileted in the carrier blanket and i hear pee sounds and belly gurgles now. He sits nice and doesn't seem to be in pain.
Is it just normal when he's a bit stressed?

He's showed signs of grooming and some stinky poop too.....

Now he made a weird loud "hunh" sound... Is that a sneeze?

It’s naturall to sneeze when you get something in the nose ☺️

One of my bucks often spit out his cecotropes and bunnies normally will have gas. But as long they don’t get bloated and stop eating it’s nothing to worry about.

I get so annoyed when my bunny don’t eat his cecotropes, it often means he have been getting treats from my parents and it always get smudged🤣

Oh, that's good to hear! And your bun seems so funny! As for Lümi, must be all the suspicious treats from a couple days before that he consumed...
He looks sorta weak and frail in the paws, they're absolutely tiny! In the evening i managed to get him to move couple of hops here and there, gently pushed his belly around and gurgles came. Is that a good sign that his gut may be starting to mobilize a bit better?

It's 6 in the morning since Srorm woke me up with his cardboard boxing... Dad said that he didn't hear Lümi make any noise though.

Heh, personalities!

maybe let him settle in his new home first. Moving can be quite stressful for them so just make sure he eats lots of hay and drinks water :)

Its good that you got your new bun checked by the vet prior to bringing him home. Its something new owners should always do =)

maybe let him settle in his new home first. Moving can be quite stressful for them so just make sure he eats lots of hay and drinks water :)

Its good that you got your new bun checked by the vet prior to bringing him home. Its something new owners should always do =)
Well because mum was extra worried that the new bun was surrendered because they might've been "ill", the bun didn't have his vaccine yet, and just because the good vet was right near us. Didn't hurt me to give 25€ just to make sure that nothing was wrong, she was a he and that he was absolutely healthy besides a teeeny weeny raised molar. He'll eat proper hay and great pellets so he'll be fine!

Latest posts

Back