New Breed in the Barn - Rhinelanders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, nice! It was fun seeing all the Rhinelanders there. I had never seen any in person before, surprisingly. One of my friends came home with a breeding pair, too. :p

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Oh, nice! It was fun seeing all the Rhinelanders there. I had never seen any in person before, surprisingly. One of my friends came home with a breeding pair, too. :p
It was their national show, so a good opportunity to see a LOT of Rhinelanders - they were hard to resist LOL

pamnock wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
It was their national show, so a good opportunity to see a LOT of Rhinelanders - they were hard to resist LOL
Yeah, I knew the Rhinelander National would be there, but I didn't appreciate seeing it in line before my breed was shown. LOL! It took quite a bit, and Flemish were also before my breed which usually isn't a problem but there were a TON of Flemish there too.:shock:

The Rhines are very curious, love to climb, and get into everything! The Mini Lops in the photo belong to my friend who fostered a litter off of one of our Dwarf Hotot does after her ML doe hemorrhaged to death after giving birth. My friend gave Matthew a nice steel doe from the litter as a thank you for using his doe.

The pair of Rhines were a gift to Matthew from the secretary of the Rhinelander club Wes Planthaber. Matthew will be showing them in New York in a couple weeks.

RhineNewspaper.jpg

They are beautiful. How large do they get?

Will Matthew be breeding them also - or just showing them?

I wonder if you & Matthew would like to put together the Rhinelanders information for the breed library?

:D

They are a larger breed averaging about 9 lbs. He was given the pair with the understanding that he was to breed and show them. :)

Yes - We'll work on the Rhine page. I can also do Dwarf Hotots if you'd like. And the Hares if that page isn't already done.

I have a lot of summer assignments for school to do, but I'll try to get to the rabbits ASAP.

I really like the format that Zin used, I think it would present the information in a more organized mannner if we all use the Calpage as a template.

Latest posts

Back