new bad habbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbersmom

Reaction score
my rabbit has recently started to chew on andpull up my carpet.is this a sign she needs to be spayed or she needssomething to chew on?how do i stop this destructive behavior? i havehad her now 3 years and she never did this until recently.

My rabbit Lenci chewed on the carpet even aftershe was spayed. That behavior never improved. Ifound the only thing that worked to keep her from doing this is bygiving her a distraction. You can put some newspapers or aphone book on the floor where she chews and hopefully she'll chew thatinstead of the carpet. In my case I bought a cheap rug andthrew it over the spot where she chewed.

Sunny only did that when she was "in heat'. I figured she was trying to make a nest or something.

I'm glad she stopped....I was tired of chasing her around to pull carpet threads out of her mouth!

Even my young bunny chews and digs at my carpet.I don't think it's hormonal in your case. When Pebbles is pulling at mycarpet I just smack the ground (few feet away)a few times andshe usually stops and does something else.

My rabbit Dusty also chews at the carpet and so did my rabbit Pepper,who had died in December. It's there nature to chew.

When I catch Munchkin chewing or getting readyto chew on something I don't want her to, I immediately yell "no" andclap my hands. If that doesn't work, I go over to where she's beingnaughty and shoo her away. Better getting flicked or thumped off thanhaving to worry about electrocuted or blocked up bunny.

Blyre

She's three years old and she just started thisnow? Has she had any health problems? If she hasn'thad a general health exam for a while, you might want to bring herin. A sudden change to chewing and eating something cansometimes indicate a problem. Not always, but it's worthlooking into.

She might also be bored. If she's chewing at one particularspot, cover it up. Then give her different toys, like a new box filledwith newspaper or hay for digging, or move her toys around to make theroom look different.

naturestee wrote:
Then give her different toys, like a new box filled with newspaper
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!:colors:Another cheap toy idea (runs to find some newspaper and a Coca-cola box.)

Krissa wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Then giveher different toys, like a new box filled with newspaper
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!:colors:Another cheap toy idea (runs to find some newspaper and a Coca-cola box.)

I don't know what I'd do without boxes! My buns spend so much time destroying them!

w6wdc7.jpg

isn't funny that since we adopted rabbits that we accidently spell habit, habbit??

every time i talk about rats, i would accidently say rabbit, whoops hehe

i have a rat name Bucca, and the rabbit name Boogie, i get their names mixed up at times

Latest posts

Back