New baby thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I have babies due.....who else?

Peg

P.S. Forgot to add to last week's thread -we found BooBerry's babies yesterday - we think she had them Thursday night when she was nesting. Shebit out a hole so she could go under the nightstand and then into the box springs and have them under the bed. (She is free-roaming in the bedroom and I'd bred her knowing she'd probably have them under the nightstand). She had three brokens and a black!

Well, I guess I get to start off this weeks' baby thread. We just discovered that Delta (who I didn't think was pregnant)....was pregnant. WOO HOO! The breeding took.

She has five babies. Art found them in the kids' bathroom(she'd had free roam privileges in the rabbitry and apparently snuck off into the kids' bathroom sometime late this afternoon).

Delta is a blue that was bred to a broken black - so I'm pretty excited- it looks like one could be a REW (Ruby Eyed White) but I'm not sure yet.

Now I'm waiting on Titania (due the 16th), Who (due today), Hyacinth(due the 16th) and I think that is it...maybe someone else - I'd have to check my website!

Peg

Hi Peg,

our french lop mimi had 13 babies at least this afternoon, we got her while she was pregnant and was told she werent due for another 5 days so imagineour surprise to all those lovely little buns!!!!

Well - "WHO" had three babies today.....brokens. Now Titania and a couple of others and all of our litters for Nationals should be born...and we all get a break for a bit.

Peg

I have a new litter of 4 Hollands from a newline we are working on. They are out of a black x chestnut.(Oh Heavens! Agouti Hollands in my barn??????? :shock:) LOL

Pam

pamnock wrote:
I have a new litter of 4 Hollands from a new line we are workingon. They are out of a black x chestnut. (Oh Heavens! Agouti Hollands in my barn??????? :shock:) LOL

Pam
What are YOU doing with agouti? I thought you specialized in torts....

Aha..now I see - a new line. Congrats!

I have three girls nesting as I type this - but I HAVE to head to bed. Titania lost her first two litters and I wanted to be here...but she's nesting ok this time...she had still borns both times before...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:

What are YOU doing with agouti? I thought you specialized in torts....

Peg

I personally would have NEVER brought an agouti into the barn:shock: The broken Chestnut "Washburn" buck was given to my son by a judge and Washburn's gave us a couple black does to breed to him. I'm not certain if we'll breed these into our line or not.

We also have a blue tort buck that John Borsick gave to us -- the buck is out of Poprawski lines, and the type is very similar to ours, so I'd like to work him into our lines.

I'm doing a genetics presentation this weekend, and will be explaining and drawing out a line breeding chart -- when I have time, I'll also put a line breeding chart on my website with a full explaination.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
when I have time, I'll also put a line breeding chart on my website with a full explaination.

Pam
I do hereby nominate you to become "Saint Pam" in the world of rabbit breeding. I'm in the process of drawing out a chart wtih colors for my various lines so I can picture who has what % of what in them....

Peg

So, I forgot to post in this week's thread :?... I had 3 litters born.

Born 3/16 - 5 Castor Mini Rex
Resized_dcp_0469.jpg

Born 3/17 - 5 Lynx Mini Rex (1 Peanut)
Resized_dcp_0471.jpg

Born 3/18 - 6 Mini Rex Kits: 3 Lynx & 3Chocolate Agouti's (1 of the Chocolate Agouti's was a Peanut)
Resized_dcp_0472.jpg

Kits & momma's are doing well!

Latest posts

Back