New Baby Holland Lop - What is This Color Please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure... I’m not an expert on rabbit colouring just yet so hopefully someone else will be more of a help;)

View attachment 37414 View attachment 37415 Hi again. It's,been a few weeks since I posted. I didn't end up buying the black tort baby.....she turned out to be a he. So, I've waited for another one to become available. This time a different colour again. Need help recognising this colour please. Breeder says Chinchilla with perhaps a touch of chocolate? Opinions warmly welcomed. Thanks :)

She looks like a blue shaded to me

I thought perhaps the photo may have been somewhat overexposed and so I darkened it a little to take away the amount of sunshine shining on her....look what I found. Does this look better.....definitely a Chin right? Off to collect her tonight :) :)
Bijou 8 weeks old.png Bijou 8 weeks old a.png

B25B2398-CD19-45E5-A25B-BE6AE8A2AFEC.jpeg Exciting!!! I think you could call your bun chinchilla, if it was me I probably would call that her colouring. Picture gives an idea of a chinchilla coat

Yes....If I turn back her fur that's what it looks like :)

Would you mind looking at a thread i just posted under medical problems? I think my first baby might have mange mites!!!!

I had a look and it doesn’t look too good.... I would seperate her from your other rabbit to prevent spreading, and keep her dry - no wet grass or wet environment. Apple cider vinegar in her water could help get rid of mites, otherwise keep a close eye on her.

18mg/kg
18mg/kg - 0.444kg.
so 18 x .444
= 8mg
Revolution is very safe, talked to the folks at pfizer more recently and they were talking about dosing as much as 60x the minimum being totally safe, but necessary for many types of applications, (min typical dose is 6mg/kg)

0.05 cc per kg so you could give 0.025 cc. You can’t really overdose a rabbit with revolution anyway, so don’t be too scared to give her too much-she should be fine

Always better to overdose than underdose with parasite treatments! I also replied on the other thread but see jimjam replied on here so hope you’re okay :)

Latest posts

Back