new babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holland

Reaction score
I just had to post to let everyoneknow(even-though I don't have a digital camera for pics) that I browseand read everyones posts and look at all the beautiful bunnies. And myexciting news for this week is that we had three does bred all havedelivered, and our biggest surprise was a litter of EIGHT!!!

We are very excited about our new additions, are daughters show for 4-hand have recently started showing in ARBA sanctioned shows.

We have had three other litters born before, but we keep having troublewith one particular pair, it seems like mostly the does that are born,keep coming down with enteritis. Out of two litters, and 11 babies weonly have two survivors, a doe from the first litter and (so far) abuck from this last litter of seven. So, anyones suggestions for thisparticular pair would be greatly appreciated. Our other does and theirlitters seem to be fine.

So anyway that was my news, thanks for letting me share, everyone seems so nice and caring.

thank you so much. now we are just hoping for happy healthy bunnies. with some really good show bunnies in there too.

I also breed hollands, I just sold my first litter :)

P1012497.jpg

P1012513.jpg

The one above was my baby Brogan, hismother bit off his leg when he was born, sadly he passed away lastweek, he was 7 weeks old :(

Hopefully you will be able to post picssomehow :) We really do enjoy baby pictures :)

~Amy

The babies are SO CUTE. I just thoughtthat we would have one or two for my daughters to show for 4-h notrealizing how fast you get attached, and how much fun all the rabbitshows and people would be.

I feel your heartache at the loss of your little man. I've lost severalbabies recently to sickness and was attached to each of them. Thehardest one was a little doe that was 6wks. she was fine one day andalmost gone the next. We tried to save her with ort solution, andeverthing else we could think of or find, but the last day she justrefused everything we tried.

hollandwrote:
was fine one day and almost gone the next
That is what happend with our baby.

It is really heartbreaking for me, I tendto be an emotional person and this little guy's death really took abeating on me. I am seriously considering not breeding any more becauseI cant stand to loose any more babies. Not sure what I am going to doyet

How long have you been breeding?

~Amy

Not too long. We started in Nov. of last year,so that we could have jrs. for our daughters to show in the springshows. We started out with a litter of five. we sold three, and fromthat experience we have decided to be a bit more careful as to who wesell too. Then in Jan. we had a litter of four born. She had them onthe wire, we put them in the box, and the doe ended up stepping on allof them but one doe who is now the sweetest thing ever.

We've had four more litters since then, with one being all pets. Thelast litter was weaned two weeks ago, which is the one that had most ofthe babies die of enteritis. WE have the one buck left. And this weekwe had three does deliver, one had five, with two still surviving. Abig whopping litter of eight, and yesterday morning a litter of six.

The litter that was born yesterday was done because of the breeder wegot the doe from really liked our buck, and she wants pick of thelitter, so since our girls want jrs to show they will probably be outof that litter hopefully. The litter of eight we weren't expecting tobe that big, she is a very good mother, and we are hoping there will besome nice 4-h bunnies in there to help out kids who want to get startedshowing rabbits. The other litter if from a doe we bought that wereally like her head, and we used one of the bucks out of our veryfirst litter who does okay at the shows but he will be over 4lbs. Hehas a gorgeous head, but is a little long. We are trying to bring oursize down a bit. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much. I'm so excited. The only thingthat really concerns me is that in the litter of two there is a brokenand a solid but the broken is twice the size of the solid. I've beenkeeping a close eye on the hindquarters. I'm hoping it's not apeanut,andthat it's just going to be small like the doe.

Our Mini Lop babies are 9 days today. It was amiracle litter, the doe had 2 false pregnancys so I was wicked happywhen I found 3. Unfortunantly the third was either stillborn/fetalgiant. We have a tort, and a beautifully marked broken orange.

I'm not trying to sound stupid, but I'm assumingthat a fetal giant would of course be the opposite of a peanut withit's own set of health issues? We just started with rabbits last summerso I'm learning as I go.

Yes, a peanut is born extremely tiny with barelyand back legs (at least mine was) and rarely gets fed by my MEAN EVILmother. I don't know what else to say though. never had a giant and myfirst peanut a couple of days ago. (By the way he died 2 days ago) Ijust had babies too. Mini rex babies. 4 babes.

Latest posts

Back