New 8 week bunny not eating pellets...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jillia

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have recently acquired a new 8 week old Holland Lop bunny who weighs just under a pound. I have had rabbits before but never from a young age. He is incredibly friendly, very active, and he was well handled by his breeder before I brought him home. I've only had him at home for about 3 days now, and he is eating his timothy hay very well and drinking plenty of water. Pee's and Poops are perfectly normal and he loves his willow branch toys. However, I purchased the same brand of young rabbit food that the breeder was feeding him and he isn't interested in the slightest. She said that she believed all of the 6 bunnies in the litter were eating the pelleted food that was in their pen, so I feel like he should atleast be picking at it. I counted out 25 pellets into his bowl on Saturday and there are 25 pellets in there today. Just curious if there is something I should be doing to entice him to eat them? Or if he just needs more time to settle in? He seems in great spirits, isn't very shy, and already tends to follow me around the room when he is loose. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi everyone! I have recently acquired a new 8 week old Holland Lop bunny who weighs just under a pound. I have had rabbits before but never from a young age. He is incredibly friendly, very active, and he was well handled by his breeder before I brought him home. I've only had him at home for about 3 days now, and he is eating his timothy hay very well and drinking plenty of water. Pee's and Poops are perfectly normal and he loves his willow branch toys. However, I purchased the same brand of young rabbit food that the breeder was feeding him and he isn't interested in the slightest. She said that she believed all of the 6 bunnies in the litter were eating the pelleted food that was in their pen, so I feel like he should atleast be picking at it. I counted out 25 pellets into his bowl on Saturday and there are 25 pellets in there today. Just curious if there is something I should be doing to entice him to eat them? Or if he just needs more time to settle in? He seems in great spirits, isn't very shy, and already tends to follow me around the room when he is loose. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

I wouldn’t worry much since they’re only supposed to make up 10% of a bunnies diet. How long have you had the bunny?

Latest posts

Back