Neutering Georgie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, lots of folks waiting for news!!

Georgie did extremely well in surgery, and was up and hopping pretty much as soon as the anethesia wore off. I took his newest favorite treat (tarragon) with me, along with some greens and things to entice him to eat, and the tech said he inhaled it! The vet said that it looks like he eats better than she does!!

Oh yeah, the vet also added the Georgie had the biggest nads she'd ever removed!! But he was himself right away...when I got home and took him out of his carrier, he proceeded to dig at my pants and bite them. Hopefully THAT aspect of his hormones will go away!!

Thanks for the well wishes and good thoughts everyone!! Here's to hoping that he doesn't chew his stitches...every time I've had a critter get stitches, they've always tried to remove them and the wound gets infected. So keep your paws crossed for him!!

:biggrin2:Annie and Georgie

Yay Annie, I'm so happy to hear that he's doing so well, that's great!

I had the same actions with my males that have been neutered, they were up and moving and eatingeven pelletsshortly after they woke up.

So, if he's up and moving, that's a great sign! Just watch his eating, pooping and such. If that seems off, could be a cause for concern.;)

Great to hear!

You know, for some reason Ive never had any trouble with bunnies pulling on stitches. I have with other animals but not my rabbits. Heres hoping I can pass on some of that good luck to you and Georgie. Keep him occupied with toys and snuggles and he should be ok.

Keep us posted :)

He's doing all of that just fine!! I'm dog sitting at my parents' house this weekend, so Georgie is staying here with me. We have a breakfast room (sun room kind of thing), and he's staying there. It's a nice area, free from steps and levels...it's linoleum floor, so I laid out a rug and several fleece swatches for him to rest on. He's not a fan of floors where he can't get footing, so he seems to be doing well. There's plenty of poo in the room, spread about of course. I hope he doesn't forget his litter training after this!!

One thing...I just held him to give him his pain meds and his tail was wet. It didn't smell like urine...was he just grooming himself? It wasn't sopping wet, just kind of damp. Should I be worried about it? (Never had an animal other than my dog neutered before...)

:biggrin2:Annie and the de-masculinized Georgie

hmm were you able to look at the area? I would think it could be a little damp just from a little discharge of fluids around the area. The area always looks a little shriveled and a tiny bit bloody the first day or so. I would just keep an eye on him. Watch for bleeding or excessive discharge.

One trick Naturestee suggested is to make them stand against their cage for treats, you can usually get a look then without having to pick them up.

I'm SO glad it went well for you :D

I hope it continues to stay well.

Well done to you both.

Sorry Chinmom but I couldn't help laughing when you were on about Georgies nads being the biggest the vet had ever removed :roflmao:

Georgie, I still love you even without your bits :hug:

Love from your obsessive fan x

Georgie is completely healed! At his check-up visit, he acquired a new nickname as well: Georgie the 8-pound WonderBun!! He thinks it suits him well:biggrin2:

-Annie and Georgie (the 8lb WonderBun!)

I'd say he's more masculine ;)because he isable to romance and groom a future mrs. wonderbun. He'll be healthier and not hormone-obsessed.You know humans choose toget vasectomies (sp?) and that doesn't make them less worthy of female companionship. Spay and neuters save lives. Cheers to you and yours,

Latest posts

Back