Neutered yesterday... small diarrhea.. should I be worried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellamy+Lilah

Reaction score
One of my boys was neutered yesterday and I just now saw he had a small squishy-mushy poo diarrhea but seems to be fine... should I even worry about this?

He is acting totally normal and eating greens like crazy as I am typing this. He is definitely not lethargic.

A little bit of odd mushy/soft poop can be normal because the meds/anesthesia kind of messes up their digestion temporarily. It normally starts to return to normal within the next day as they start eating again. Though if you are seeing more than just a little bit or you are seeing profuse watery/pudding like diarrhea, or you start hearing loud sloshy gurgling from his stomach or bloating, then phone your vet immediately. These can be signs of an overgrowth of toxic pathogenic bacteria. But to me it sounds like your bun just has the normal post surgery digestive issues.

Okay thank you so much!! He is still doing fine this morning [emoji120][emoji1][emoji195] that must be what it is

Latest posts

Back