Neutered Rabbit humping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunBunMom

Reaction score
Hello!
My male rabbit has been humping my female recently even though they are spayed/neutered. I was just wondering the reason for this and if there is anything I should be concerned about.

Has anything changed in their environment or routine since this started up, like being let into a new room, changes to their enclosure/room, new people or pets, etc? Has either been sick recently or is showing signs of being unwell currently? Is the humping occasional or incessant? Is it seeming to upset your girl bun at all? Any other odd changes of behavior?

Has anything changed in their environment or routine since this started up, like being let into a new room, changes to their enclosure/room, new people or pets, etc? Has either been sick recently or is showing signs of being unwell currently? Is the humping occasional or incessant? Is it seeming to upset your girl bun at all? Any other odd changes of behavior?
No, none of that. The only change in environment is a new tunnel I bought them. I do not think that would be a problem though, because the rabbits seems to enjoy the tunnel

Bonded rabbits will still occasionally hump each other to reassert dominance. As long as it's not excessive or incessant , and it's not overly upsetting your doe, it's usually not a problem. But if it is excessive and/or upsetting your doe, then there could be something more going on there that needs to be sorted out.

Bonded rabbits will still occasionally hump each other to reassert dominance. As long as it's not excessive or incessant , and it's not overly upsetting your doe, it's usually not a problem. But if it is excessive and/or upsetting your doe, then there could be something more going on there that needs to be sorted out.
Okay, thank you

Latest posts

Back