Neutered on Monday...missing litterbox today...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3willowsbunny

Reaction score
Stewie got his neuter operation Monday, he is acting totally normal today But he has missed his litterbox with pee twice today, I was shocked to see two puddles in his room! He was 100% pee trained before the operation. Should I call the vet or not worry? I cleaned it up with white vinegar so hopefully he will not catch the scent again...

I would not worry too much right now. He is still recovering and the hormones are going a bit haywire right now. As he heals more, he should start to use the litter box more and get back to old habits. You may need to work a bit to retrain him.
If he keeps going outside the box or you notice things like straining to pee, you may want to get him into the vet and there could be something else going on.

What sort of litterbox is he using? It's possible he's a bit sore and doesn't feel like jumping into it.

His box is a low tupperware under the bed storage box (he's a big boy and needs a big box) it is only about 6" tall though. He hasn't missed again since I posted the original message so I guess it was just hormonal.

Latest posts

Back