Neutered male possibly spraying?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Madoka

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am completely new here! I just have a situation I am kind of stumped about. So here it goes!
I have a neutered male bun, he is 1 and has never sprayed since being nuetered back in June and he is amazing with his litter box. Well a few weeks ago I decided to get him a wife (lol) and she is the same age but NOT fixed. Well, they have their living arrangements next to each other and tonight I decided to finally out them together no cage. They were licking each other and snuggling and following and eating together!! Well suddenly after about 30 min or so, they suddenly were trying to mount each other and binkied and sprayed at the same time!!! I have never seen this and I'm confused. I am getting her fixed next month, so I will wait to do that again until about a month or so when her hormones are calm after being fixed. I just was wondering if that was normal for a fixed rabbit to do that! Especially while doing a binky o_O please any bonding tips would be wonderful! Thanks so much :)

I don't know if it is normal for a fixed rabbit to spray but unfixed males and females actually love spraying doing a binky, that way they can spray farer and cover all walls around

I don't know if it is normal for a fixed rabbit to spray but unfixed males and females actually love spraying doing a binky, that way they can spray farer and cover all walls around
Ya it's very strange, I will definitely keep an eye on it , it could have been a simple accident or maybe him getting annoyed and her trying to mount him and had enough maybe? I have no idea haha

Latest posts

Back