Neutered? Blood test again?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Similar to my other thread when I first got my rabbit spayed. But in my other thread I asked if I should get my rabbit get blood test. I didn’t because I was advised that she was young. So I decided not to and was confident she was healthy. So know my boy buns getting neutered and not sure if I should get blood test for him because he breathes really fast faster than my girl bun? Is that something i should be considered about when getting him fixed. He’s 7 months been to vet because of his fast breathing but told he is fine? Is it because he’s a lop? My girl bun have straight ears.

( sorry if I have any typos because I already do and if I’m confusing)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I would go for a blood test for any rabbit procedure because this would help to see if the bunny is healthy enough to go through the procedure :)

I would go for a blood test for any rabbit procedure because this would help to see if the bunny is healthy enough to go through the procedure :)
True, I’ll go ahead and do the blood test just to be safe. I’m always nervous for them when it comes to any surgeries.

Being a lop didn't seem to affect my buns. It's more up to their individual bodies. Lümi is a calm guy but Storm sometimes whiffles like mad. And they're perfectly healthy.

One of our good rabbit vets told me, when i asked about Lümi's neutering, that since he's young and looking healthy he won't need any blood testing since his liver and bladder aren't likely to be affected by anything bad. Our local rabbit-able vet didn't even speak of it.

Although if you're worried, nobody denies you the action of still getting your bun blood work done. Nothing really to cause risk but always be better on the safe side. Wishing you the best of luck with the upcoming neuter.
Ps: when is it? Lümi's is tomorrow!

Being a lop didn't seem to affect my buns. It's more up to their individual bodies. Lümi is a calm guy but Storm sometimes whiffles like mad. And they're perfectly healthy.

One of our good rabbit vets told me, when i asked about Lümi's neutering, that since he's young and looking healthy he won't need any blood testing since his liver and bladder aren't likely to be affected by anything bad. Our local rabbit-able vet didn't even speak of it.

Although if you're worried, nobody denies you the action of still getting your bun blood work done. Nothing really to cause risk but always be better on the safe side. Wishing you the best of luck with the upcoming neuter.
Ps: when is it? Lümi's is tomorrow!
Thank you I’ll be safe and go for blood test. And 2 weeks from know •.• I’m just nervous. Did your bun get fixed today? How’d it go? Wish u the best :)

Yeah he's fixed now. His parts look like silver but i bet it's the glue. He tried to lick it many times but he seems to be better now. Again, almost no signs that he's gone through any neuter.

Latest posts

Back