Nethie Critiques!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
These are two nethies I'm looking into getting. Well I'm getting the doe for sure. LOL. Anyways the doe:

DSCF4203.jpg

*Country Field's Autumn. Broken Black Otter. Born Oct 4th 2009. Out of a broken black and a broken black otter. 2 legs.*

The buck:

toulouse1.jpg

*Faith's Toulouse. Black Otter. Born June 1st 2009. Out of a black and a black otter. Red seal registered.*

I am just getting into Nethies so not 100% sure what I should be looking for. Please give all negative and positive comments. I want it all. LOL.

Thanks in advance...

They both look lovely. I wish you had a better picture of the doe, one where we can see her entire body. From what I can see she looks long in midsection but that is typical and actually a good thing for a brood doe. Both have excellent head, ear, and eye, though their heads could be just a touch bolder to balance, and the buck's ear could be a little more open instead of folded. Toulouse has a very nice round and short body, and is very upright, but he appears to be lacking a little in the lower hindquarter and his feet look like they are making a V, indicating pinched hinquarters. I wish I could see the lower HQ on the doe, but if you get him and are planning on breeding them together, I would flip the doe over and make sure she has a wide HQ and that her feet are completely straight.

You are looking at some super nice rabbits there.

I have a soft heart for broken blacks. I wish the doe's head was alittle more full. The ears sets on both look great. I got ya on the folded ears, my black otter doe has that going on, unless she perks up and they open. The doe looks alittle long but maybe a bad pic. I love your buck hes a pretty boy. Im also new at critiqing so what I think may not matter as much. I like to take acouple of buns to a double show and have more then one judge look at the same buns and have differeant opinions. When the judging is done I have my favorite pick. Its always great to add a bunny to the breeding group who has something that others are lacking. Yay genetics!

Thanks. Yeah I wish I had a better picture of Autumn too. The breeder I'm getting her from doesn't seem to pose her rabbits for pictures. So I am more going off her wins as a way to tell her quality. Plus I really do like her head and ears. Well we will see I'm getting her on friday.I did noticed Toulouse's ears but was hoping since Autumn has nice open ears that breeding them together would hopefully improve that.

The only thing I'm a little iffy about is that I had to purchase Autumn sight unseen. So have already paid for her without having put my hands on her. But we are using a third person to transport her closer to me and there really wasn't any other way to go about that. I've just never done that before. Normally I want to look at the rabbit in person before I hand out the money.Oh well. I'm sure I will be happy with her.

I'm going to wait until I get her and get a look at herHQ before I go ahead with Toulouse. I don't want both of them to have the same fault.

i like them but has the doe been proven? As in has she already had a litter or two?

If she hasnt i would be weary of getting her

I don't want to be too long winded SO I think the doe would be a good start to raising netherlands. I wouldn't buy the buck because your buck needs to be your strongest animal. He looks like he might be a BUB (big ugly buck, used a lot in nethie terms)His body is a little long and he doesn't show to have very much fullness/pinched in his hindquarters. I'd like to see a bigger better developed head and his ears look long, thin and don't show much roundness or "spoon" like shape. Id find out if he's been shown, how he placed, how many were in the class and ask for any comment cards on him. I'd still stick with buy the doe and wait for a better buck to come along

Latest posts

Back