Netherlands dwarf vs mini Rex behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the general personality traits of mini rexes and Netherlands dwarfs or any other miniature breeds that you’ve had experience with.

I understand that rabbits are individuals but some breeds do have some behavioral traits. I used to have a Flemish Giant so I’m used to a lazy cuddle monster.

I have 2 purebred Netherland Dwarf and Mini Rex bucks, so I think I can answer your question.

Contrary to the popular belief that Netherland Dwarves are aggressive and skittish, mine is actually the opposite. He is energetic, interacts often with me, clean, curious, and very intelligent.

My Mini Rex is much lazier and interacts much less with me. He is not curious and prefers to stay calm and keep grooming himself. He lets me pet him though and since he is less energetic than my Netherland Dwarf, he is more cuddly.

Another thing. My Netherland Dwarf was much easier to litter train. My mini Rex is not litter trained until now.

My netherland dwarf is the bunny greeter when customers come into our family woodworking business (his room is our showroom). He always runs up to them to check them out, sometimes tries to chew their shoes or bags (they don’t care because they think he’s too cute), and he usually allows them to pet him if they stay long enough. He’s friendly, energetic, and mischievous.

Latest posts

Back