Netherlands dwarf offspring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myn

Reaction score
Hi I have two Netherland dwarf rabbits buck and doe....
Male - ghost chinchilla colour brown eyes
Female - agouti split with blue eyes
I am new on this forum so I will try to upload pics later.
Would anyone know the possible colourings of the offspring?
Thanks

I picked up Ellyn Eddy's About Bunny Colors book and found it very interesting. However, I have very little background in biology (let alone genetics), so I won't be of much help.

I'm sure there are some knowledgeable breeders or others here who can help, though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. From what I remember my buck ghost chinchilla the dad was a chinchilla and I THINK the mum was the same but I am not 100% sure.
For the female agouti split.... the mum was opal split and not sure what the dad is.

I picked up Ellyn Eddy's About Bunny Colors book and found it very interesting. However, I have very little background in biology (let alone genetics), so I won't be of much help.

I'm sure there are some knowledgeable breeders or others here who can help, though :)

Thank you. Yes I tried to do some research myself into the biology of the colour genetics etc but biology isn't my strongest subject

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a rare chance the offsprings eyes will be blue, as the colour brown is the more dominant gene.

My rabbit gave birth 11 days ago and see attached pictures... could anyone tell me the colouring names e.g.. lilac/ agouti split etc....

Shaded baby could be smoke pearl. If it’s more tan with points it’s sable point if it’s more blue/gray then it’s probably a smoke pearl

Because of dads color this baby might not be shaded. I wonder if it’s a blue chin ?

Thanks for your reply on this post and the other two. Yes chestnut agouti makes sense. It's hard to tell about the grey looking one definitely not sable point as he is just grey all over without any other markings. Will see within next few days/ within a week if it will get darker/lighter. Thanks again for your help :D

Latest posts

Back