Netherland Hiding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealitte

Reaction score
Hey all, this is my first post on here because I’m a little concerned and not sure if this is normal.

Background info: My one girl, Serena, I’ve raised since birth. Shes approximately 4 years old. Netherland dwarf, approximately 5-6lbs.

Anyway, I cleaned her scent glands about two nights ago and since then she’s been hiding a lot more. She seems to be eating, pooping, and urinating normally, and she’s been somewhat interested in her treats. Do you think she’s just nervous from having been cleaned down there?

Obviously I’m gonna monitor if anything else arises and take her in if necessary but I was mostly just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before because neither of my girls have ever acted like this prior to having their glands cleaned. Thanks a lot, any feedback would be greatly appreciate

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see pictures of your rabbits!
She is probably just scared. The other day I clipped my rabbit's nails and he hated me for the rest of the day. Rabbits can hold a grudge! I would still email/call the vet and get their opinion just to be safe. If she stops eating, pooping, etc. then I would take her to the vet.

I agree with the above poster- she’s probably just mad at you! She’ll come out of her attitude eventually haha. Are you sure she’s a netherland dwarf I thought they should be 3 pounds or less? I have a netherland dwarf for 3.5 years now and he still runs away. I’ve read that they’re just a skittish and nervous breed. My American/English spot comes up to me just fine so I know it’s not an issue of me being a bad owner. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back