Netherland Dwarf pairing options

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnyablonski2796

Reaction score
I recently started getting into Netherland Dwarfs I currently have a blue otter female I was thinking of getting a chocolate buck (if I can find one) but I recently found a really nice chestnut buck. I am torn on what to do. What would I most likely get if I bred a Chestnut to a Blue otter?

What's your ultimate goal? Do you plan to show? If you want to show and develop a strong line decide what colors you would like to work with, study the pedigree of the rabbit's you have to see what's in their background and what's likely to show up in future pairings.

Many breed clubs have websites or booklets that will help with color genetics. You might be able to find them online or purchase them for a few dollars. Also, joining a breed club/forum you will get tons of help from experienced breeders that can help you get off to a good start and help you locate good stock.

Chestnut x Blue Otter is likely to get more chestnuts. If the chestnut carries self or otter you might get Black Otter as well; if the chestnut carries dilute you might get Opal. If the chestnut carries both dilute and self/otter you might also get Blue Otter.

Latest posts

Back