netherland dwarf color questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camie8

Reaction score
I have two nethies and as soon as my doe is old enough i am going to breed. First question..could a himi also be refered to as a pointed white? Second question what color is the himi exactly? Third what colors would i get out of a chinchilla and himi?

doe is on the left

105_2400.jpg

105_2386.jpg

Chinchilla is most likely, but it also depends on the recessive genes that each rabbit may be carrying.

The himi appears to be a black. Himi/Californian/Pointed White are all the same pattern - the name just varies depending on breed.

Very nice. I imagine that you would get mostly chinchillas since it is very dominant, but last time I looked at a genetic calculator I seem to remember Ermine (white with brown eyes and some ticking) coming up as well.

Ermine is possible if both rabbits are carrying the non-extension gene (ermine is non-extension (aka tort) chinchilla.)

I just resexed the "doe" and she is now a he :(...so I wont be getting anything out of the two. Tricky little bunny:rollseyes

Latest posts

Back