Nesting for real this time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattie83

Reaction score
This is so amazing i put the cat litter box in stormys cage last night. This is for her nest. I felt the time was closerthan the vet said since he isnt knowledgeable and i know her. Well after trashing her cage for weeks i woke up this morning and she was frantically running backand forth with mouth fulls of hay. Shes been working a hour on her nest. Shes not oulling hair yet. I use puppy pads at the botti. Of cage then lay her litter box and other things over it makes cleaning up easier. She was shredding the cotton off of it and taking it in her cage. I started taking the pad away from her because she was trying to take the whole thing into her nest. We played tug of war for a moment then she decided she wanted my soft pjs to she was trying to grab my pant leg and pull that in her cage to. Lol this is such great entertainment she has finally chilled out and napping. I may jave to brush her if she doesnt start pulling her hair. So how much time do you guys think i got. I havnt slept in over a week. Up all night long checking on my girl. I feel like im reliving pregnancy all over again. Its a beautiful thing. Ut overwhelming. She will be 6 mths april 28 i know she is still young. I just want her to be ok. Whatever the outcome.

There should be piles of hay for her to chose from, I don't see much, if any (taking it from the rack is bothersome), I guess that's why she went for the bedding.

I had chemo this morning so when i got home she was already working on her nest. When i realized it i started giving her more surplus of hay.

I would put a huge pile of hay in a corner, and keep adding until she's done. If she puts too much hay in the box (more than half full so the hay is level with the entrance, you can take some out for her to carry it in again.
There should be enough to soak up all that mess when giving birth, you'll have to remove the soiled hay when she's done.

Ok the blue part is completely full atthe moment. How many days do you guys think a couple more?

I would also suggest to give her more hay and remove those puppy pads, they are generally unsuitable for rabbits as they can chew on plastic and get blockages from that.
We can't tell you how much time, maybe a few hours maybe a few days. Some does will start pulling fur just before kindling or even after that and some a week before.

One thing I know for sure that they don't like being watched and will wait possibly when you are gone and lights out. So just make sure she has plenty of water available, give her an extra bottle if you got one, she will drink a lot.

Yes i got her a qater bowel and bought her ahuge water jug. I did remove the pad when i noticed her ripping it up. I just let her have the soft part of it. Is that bad for her o figured it was like cotten.

She ate pellets today but not really eating alot. I was delayed on alfalfa got it yesterday shes not to impressed its mixed with the meadow hay. Whoch was her original diet. Which im going tl switch them eventually over to timothy after said and done. I gave her a little spinach today she ate that. So shes eating a drinking alot of water. Just not as much hay probably because of pellets and spinach. She ate alot last night though. She has been making weird noises when i touch her sides she has been doing this the last week occasionaly. Is this normal or sgould i be concerned. Shes grooming so she seems like shes ok. Sorry guys so stressed. Love the assitance and passion from rabbit lovers on this sight. You are all amazing and in so lucky to have found this hidden treasure.

Latest posts

Back