Nesting Box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boddah4

Reaction score
What do you all usefora box/house for your rabbits to sit in while inside the cage? It doesn't have to be for "nesting" but it would serve the same purpose.Right now we use a small cardboard box, but we want something a little more sturdy.

What do you use and where did you purchase it?

I'm sure the rabbits don't mind using a cardboard box as a house. They love it just the same. :innocent
I use a hutch made from wood. I put some pine shavings in it and my bunnies can sit/sleep in there, comfortably, all they want. Or you can most likely purchase one from a local pet store or farming store like Tractor Supply. Hope this helped:) XOXO:bunnyheart

It's actually easier and cheaper to get a local farmer to just custom make whatever you want. Our nestboxes have wire mesh on the bottoms so the wood doesn't get all pee stained and smelly

I have used simple cat litter boxes before and just put shavings in them...mine love getting in there and relaxing.

Speaking of cat litter boxes, one of our young Tans found the cat's litter box to be very comfortable evidently...

14192_171314_180000000.jpg

I took the bottom of a litter box pan (like the pic) and another deep bottom litter box and cut the front panel out. I drilled holes in the side then tie strapped them together and it made a nice house. I put hay in them in the winter and now am trying to decide what to use to help cool them in the summer.
I use plain ole cardboard boxes for my Degu. I stuff it with bedding and she eats it to make it like she wants. The cardboard boxes are free and when they are ruined just start over. :)

When Belldandy is inside I used to use Dr. Pepper cube boxes, when she's outside we use a dog house.

Not sure what we're going to use now that we've given up soda :)

I just make my own wood boxes with an easy access entrance. If I'm not going to use it as a nest box then sometimes I make a solid box with two entrances for them to go through.

Latest posts

Back